Release Notes - IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Release Notes
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 is available. Compatibility, installation, and other getting-started issues are addressed.
- Compatibility issues with earlier versions
- System requirements
- Installing Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3
- Getting Started
- Known problem
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 provides an excellent solution for customers who are seeking to perform resource accounting, cost allocation, and, optionally, chargeback billing based on actual usage of virtually any IT resource across the enterprise — ranging from mainframes to virtualized servers to storage networks and more.
Specifically this release provides a PowerVM hypervisor data collector to collect resource usage data at the system level.
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 adds the following functionality:
1. Support for fiscal year reporting
2. Support for MoveField in the Integrator Stage
3. New and Updated Integrator Stages
4. Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008
5. Support for DB2 9.7
6. Support for Oracle 11
The following collectors were newly created for the TUAM 7.1.3 release:
1. PowerVM (IBM HMC) Collector for System p
2. HPVMSar Collector
The following existing collectors were updated with new metrics or collection intervals:
The following list of APARs have been resolved in Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3:
- IZ31353 - Embedded Websphere - Starting/Stopping in TUAM environment
- IZ34257 - Documentation incorrect for non-existant JOBLOGWRITETODB feature
- IZ64609 - Need to add feature to allow what you specify in Ratecode if an identifier then that ‘value’ identifier will be rate/resource name
- IZ65469 - Performance issues running detail drilldown reports in DB2
- IZ69806 - Running spreadsheet on IE with Excel installed, Excel format is forced.
- IZ73348 - FILETRANSFERVIAFTP pull from Z/OS file system fails
The following list of APARs have been resolved in Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 and are also available in Fix Packs on Tivoli Usage Accounting Manager 7.1.2:
- IZ65619 - TUAM VMWare collector not collecting complete information from VMWare Virtual Center.
- IZ66532 - Apostrophies in identifier values in CSR Files cause database load step to fail with message AUCPE0202E.
- IZ66895 - Reports detail by RateGroup and Detail by RateGroup/Identifier are not showing same data as spreadsheet invoice by RateGroup.
- IZ67501 - STOPONSTEPFAILURE does not work properly.
- IZ68319 - AIX 6.1 has three additional columns after field descriptor=ELAPSED_TIME not collected by TUAM.
- IZ68716 - VMware collector: VMCPURES metric is not returning for all VMs
Please note the following for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3:
- There is no virtualization edition available.
Migrating to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3
The information center chapter "Migrating to Usage and Accounting Manager version 7.1.3" covers the migration from versions prior to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1 to version 7.1.3. It is not directly mentioned in this chapter, but the conversion steps outlined do not cover the migration from versions 7.1.x to 7.1.3.
If you are migrating from 7.1.x to 7.1.3, the only step required is a database upgrade. For more information on how to perform a database upgrade when migrating from 7.1.x to 7.1.3, see Upgrading the database.
Compatibility issues with CIMS Server and Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 6.1 and older
If you are migrating to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 from versions prior to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1 or CIMS Server, you must follow the migration path outlined in the Migrating to Version 7.1.3 section of the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center. This must be done to ensure that your database is successfully converted to the UNICODE format that is now used by Usage and Accounting Manager. In addition, there are other important compatibility issues outlined in the migration section, including:
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 does not support Crystal Reports for new installations. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is the supported tool for Web reporting.
- There have been changes to the Acct and Bill programs (formerly CIMSAcct and CIMSBill) in the Processing Engine. These changes include changes to the input files, output files, and control statements that are supported.
- The archive and restore feature has been removed. It is recommended that you use the built-in archive features provided with your database. Usage and Accounting Manager continues to support automated database purge capabilities through the DBPurge process that has been added to the job file structure.
- All job files must be converted to accommodate changes made for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3. Usage and Accounting Manager includes a conversion utility to assist you in converting your job files to the 7.1.3 format.
- All conversion definitions files must be converted to a job file. Usage and Accounting Manager includes a conversion utility to assist you in converting conversion definitions to job files.
- For more information about product compatibility and migration, see the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center.
For information about hardware and software compatibility, see the detailed system requirements at Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center. Separate requirements are provided for Linux and UNIX and Windows Server platforms.
Installing Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3
For step-by-step installation instructions, see the installation topics in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center.
The following information will help you to get started using Usage and Accounting Manager. For more information on configuring Usage and Accounting Manager and getting started using the application, see the configuration topics in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center.
Start Integrated Solutions Console to set up and configure the Usage and Accounting Manager:
Start an Internet Explorer or Firefox Web browser, and type http://<hostname>:11052/ibm/console/ in the address bar. In this case <hostname> defines the server that is running Integrated Solutions Console.
If your port number is not the default 11052, replace 11052 with the correct port number. If you have security enabled on, the address will be automatically routed to the secure port.
Configure the appropriate JDBC driver:
JDBC is an application programming interface (API) specification for connecting programs written in Java to the data in a wide range of databases. To enable the Usage and Accounting Manager Processing Engine to access a DB2, SQL Server, or Oracle database, the appropriate JDBC drivers must be available on the server running Usage and Accounting Manager. The database JDBC drivers are not shipped as part of the install. Please note, the recommended Oracle driver version for Oracle 10 is 10.1.0.2.
If you plan to use the Usage and Accounting Manager Web reporting feature, install Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010:
Usage and Accounting Manager Web Reporting requires an additional component: Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010 . If a previous version of the Microsoft Report Viewer is installed, remove it first. TUAM Web Reporting will not run and you will not be able to view reports until the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010 component is installed. Net 3.5 SP1 is required to be installed before installing Microsoft Report Viewer 2010.
The following information is specific to embedded WebSphere Application Server (eWAS), which is used by Usage and Accounting Manager.
eWAS Installation defaults:
1. Profile — the default profile defined during installation is: AppSrv01.
2. Server — the default server defined for profile AppSrv01 during installation is: server1.
3. Port — the default port defined during installation is: 11052 (unsecured), 11053 (secured).
Finding your Integrated Solutions Console port number:
If the port 11052 or 11053 are already in use for the Integrated Solutions Console, the port numbers are increased until unused ones are found. To determine the exact port number that is defined for your installation, view the AboutThisProfile.txt file under the path: <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\logs. Search for the text: Administrative console port or Administrative console secure port.
Starting and stopping eWAS:
There are scripts for starting and stopping eWAS and (startserver.bat, startserver.sh, stopserver.bat and stopserver.sh) in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/ directory (for UNIX/Linux) and the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\ directory (for Windows). There are also similar scripts in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\bin directory, but it is recommended that you use the scripts in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\ directory (for Windows) and <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin (for UNIX/Linux). The name of the default server defined during installation is server1.
Windows: At the command prompt, start and stop eWAS as shown in the following examples:
1. <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\startserver server1
2. <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\stopserver server1
Linux or UNIX: Using a shell command, start and stop eWAS as shown in the following examples:
1. <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/startServer.sh server1
2. <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/stopServer.sh server1
Issues when viewing reports in Microsoft Report Viewer in a Turkish Locale. The reports run successfully but rendering of the report means rate descriptions are not always visible.
For installations where TUAM is upgraded to TUAM 7.1.3, users using Mozilla Firefox may see rendering issues in the ISC, these are due to UI changes in TUAM 7.1.3. The issue can be easily rectified by clearing the browser cache.
Windows Process Collector fails to uninstall successfully if it has been installed in a non-default path as the JRE cannot be located.
Windows Web Reporting is not 100% accessible due to a known issue with Microsoft Report Viewer where by Table Headers are not linked to the data displayed in the column below. A hotfix is due from Microsoft on August 30th 2010. This can be installed to rectify the issue without requiring any TUAM changes. Details of the how to get the hotfix will be updated on the TUAM support page once the fix is available
An issue with Microsoft Report Viewer means that on non-IE browsers a few issues have been seen. These issues are cosmetic and won't affect your reports. The main issues are - Blank.gif resource generates server error in ReportViewer and broken images are rendered in reports. For more details see - https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/556989/blank-gif-resource-generates-server-error-in-reportviewer-in-non-ie-browsers?wa=wsignin1.0#tabs
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base. As problems are discovered and resolved, the IBM Support team updates the knowledge base. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following link launches a customized query of the live Support knowledge base: View all known problems for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3.
Contacting customer support
For information about how to contact IBM Software support, see the Contacting IBM Software Support topic in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.3 Information Center.
More support for:
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management
Software version: 7.1
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1439003
Modified date: 18 August 2010