Rational DOORS and DOORS Web Access 9.5.1
IBM Rational DOORS and DOORS Web Access 9.5.1 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage website.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.
At the time of writing, the following independent products have been tested with Rational DOORS:
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
|The information center provides you with user assistance for the product. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product. You can also visit IBM Product information page the to browse for additional information centers.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
For information about installing the Rational DOORS client, database server, and Rational DOORS Web Access, review the Rational DOORS information center. When following the link to Passport Advantage below, there are a large number of components that are listed for Rational DOORS and Rational DOORS Next Generation. The following components are the only ones that are required for a basic installation of Rational DOORS and Rational DOORS Web Access:
- Quick Start Guide - IBM Rational DOORS V9.5.1 Multiplatform Multilingual (CIIP1ML)
- IBM Rational DOORS Web Access V9.5.1 Multiplatform Multilingual (CIL38ML)
- IBM Rational DOORs 9.5.1 Multiplatforms Multilingual (CIL37ML)
- IBM Rational License Key Server V8.1.3 for Windows Multilingual (CI90KML)
- IBM Rational DOORs Next Generation Server V4.0.3 Multiplatforms Multilingual (CIL35ML)
- IBM Rational DOORs Next Generation Clients V4.0.3 Multiplatforms Multilingual (CIL36ML)
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
|1638556||After upgrading to Rational DOORS 9.5.1, collaboration links that were created in previous versions might not appear|
|1638157||When creating an OSLC link to a Rational DOORS object in Firefox, a script error occurs|
|1634541||Limited function when navigating from Rational DOORS to work items in Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server|
|1632571||If you delete Rational DOORS data after it is published to Rational Insight for reporting, it is not removed from the Rational Insight data warehouse|
|1634659||Synchronization might fail in Rational DOORS for HP Quality Center Interface, installed on Windows Server 2008 for integration with HP ALM 11 or 11.5.0|
|1638711||A login failure occurs when creating area path in Visual Studio Team Explorer 2012|
|1635048||Scripting error occurs when creating a new artifact by linking Rational DOORS to another RM application by using OSLC|
|1635716||When opening Rational DOORS help, an error might occur: "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"|
|1592875||Multiple DWA server installation on one machine|
|1619406||Issue with opening external URLs in the Rational DOORS internal help in the client|
|1626109||Rational DOORS Web Access server must be restarted after license server restarts|
|1617035||Issue with displaying Layout DXL columns in Rational DOORS Web Access when using OSLC|
|1617040||Issue with upgrading the Rational DOORS database server if you have more than one instance of the database server on your computer|
|1617880||When upgrading to Rational DOORS version 9.5, use the same host name for the Rational Quality Manager integration|
|1616740||Issue with using TRS/LQE to track resources in Rational DOORS Web Access 9.5|
|1618189||Problem rendering links in hover text for OSLC integrations|
- Support for Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects (XSL-FO)
In formal modules you can export the data in your current view to an Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) format by using Rational® Reporting for Document Generation.
- Advanced table properties
The table properties window has been replaced by a new window with a more intuitive layout and improved functionality, including merge/move/resize cells, and more control over styling.
- Project / Module Create Using Archives
You can create projects and modules from Rational DOORS archive files. You can use the Database Properties to create a default location where you can store the archive files.
- Link Handling
- You can now lock down their link schema by switching off the automatic creation of link modules.
- You can now set your database to prompt users before objects with outgoing links are deleted
- Change Management for Rational DOORS
- Previously, you could only map OSLC attributes such as dcterms:title, dcterms:description, and oslc:shortTitle. Now you can map any OSLC attributes.
- The Submit, Add, and Remove Implementation Request options are redundant, and are now carried out by OSLC. They have been removed from the Change Management for Rational DOORS user interface.
- Preview windows added to internal Rational DOORS links
You can configure your system to display a preview window when you hover over an internal link that shows a summary of the linked object, similar to the preview window that is displayed for collaboration links.
- Baselines available in module and object history
Previously, you could only display the changes made to a module or an object since the last baseline. Now you can display the changes made in baselines.
- General Improvements to the Rational DOORS Web Access user interface
- Favorites, Recent Items, and Database Explorer preferences persist across sessions, machines, and browsers.
- The Database Explorer now supports Rational DOORS project view.
- Show/hide baselines and show/hide views added.
- Simplified configuration and deployment of Rational DOORS Web Access
- Mechanism added to dynamically retrieve configuration settings.
- Fewer settings now needed in the festival.xml file: published.url.prefix and oauth.domain are no longer set manually.
- Enhancements to integration with Rational Insight
- Simpler deployment and configuration.
- Support for loading of changed content only.
- Support for custom attributes of all types.
- Easier to report across multiple modules.
- Performance enhancements.
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed