Release Notes content for IBM Rational ClearCase version 184.108.40.206.
Obtaining IBM Rational ClearCase version 220.127.116.11
To download IBM Rational ClearCase 18.104.22.168 and view information about defects fixed in this release, refer to the IBM Rational ClearCase 22.214.171.124 download page:
To view the supported configuration and technical information for IBM Rational ClearCase version 126.96.36.199, refer to the following technote:
Compatibility with other versions and products
For information about product and version compatibility, see: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity/index.jsp
Installing and upgrading ClearCase
Version 188.8.131.52 of Rational ClearCase supports WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server versions 7.x and 8.x.
For information about installing and upgrading Rational ClearCase, refer to the following Help topic:
Test fixes that have been incorporated into this fix pack
For a list of test fixes that have been resolved or not resolved in this fix pack, refer to the following technotes which are also referenced on each of the fix pack download pages.
ClearCase 8.0: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21566655
Platform support changes
Support has been added for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Update 3 (RHEL 6.3)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Status of the feature level and VOB schema version
There are no changes to the features level or VOB schema version at this release.
For information about feature level changes, refer to the following technote:
Changes to the command line
There are no changes to the cleartool or multitool commands in this release.
For information about changes to rcleartool, see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21594728
Known problems are recorded in individual documents in the Support knowledge base. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems. To learn about the known limitations and problems in ClearCase 184.108.40.206, and any workarounds that are available, see:
Refer to the following technotes for additional information about Rational ClearCase 220.127.116.11:
- For information on installing and configuring the CCRC CLI, see:
- For reference information about CCRC CLI (rcleartool) and its limitations, see: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21594728
- For information about ClearCase discontinued support and component deprecation in 2013, see:
- For information about ClearCase compatibility across releases, see: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27015022
- For information about compatible ClearCase server and client iFix and Fix Pack levels, see:
- For a workaround for the issue where IBM Rational ClearCase fails to validate input added to the Global Monitor configuration panel during the installation process, see:
- For general information about the integration between Rational ClearCase and Rational Team Concert, see:
- For online Help about using the Rational ClearCase Bridge integration in Rational Team Concert, see:
CCRC WAN Server: Provides CCRC and CTE with access to ClearCase repositories through web views.
ClearTeam Explorer Extension: A version of CTE for installation into Rational desktop products. The extension is installed using IBM Installation Manager specifying the CCRC.EXT offering.
ClearTeam Explorer for Eclipse IDE: A version of CTE for installation into Eclipse IDEs. It is installed using the Eclipse update manager from an update site on either the CCRC WAN Server or a ClearCase client.
ClearCase zOS Extension: A set of ClearCase features that mainframe users can employ to perform ClearCase operations.
Global Monitor: A MultiSite option based on IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) that provides Web-based monitoring of a MultiSite deployment.
MultiSite core server: MultiSite servers including the shipping server.
MultiSite shipping server only: Includes only the MultiSite shipping server store-and-forward software.
Native client: A ClearCase client running on the Windows, UNIX system, or Linux operating systems. These clients support dynamic and snapshot views, a command line interface, and GUIs.
RFE: Request for Enhancement. A request for a product feature or support for a platform or operating system.
VRMF: VRMF is IBM's product release identification format, which identifies the version, release, modification level, and fixpack level of a software offering.
To view the IBM legal notices for ClearCase 18.104.22.168, refer to the following Help topic: