Rational Team Concert repository database ChangeEvents scrubbing
How can you scrub ChangeEvents from the repository database using IBM Rational Team Concert?
The "Latest Metrics by Namespace" report shows that ChangeEvents are consuming much disk space.
What are ChangeEvents, and why do they consume so much space?
How do you scrub ChangeEvents from the repository database?
There are two different properties to handle scrubbing. Values for these properties can be controlled by using advanced properties page in the Admin WebUI.
- Go to https://<server>/jazz/admin.
- Select Advanced Properties in the menu on the right side.
Property: ChangeEvent Scrub Task Fixed Delay
- This property determines the frequency of the change event scrub task.
- The default is set to 86400 (once per day) but can be changed to 43200 (to run the clean up twice a day).
- The change event scrub task deletes all change events in the database for more than 14 days (30 days for Work Items, 2 days for build, and so on).
- ChangeEvent Default Expiration: Default expiration for change events (Default value: 14 days).
- ChangeEvent Expiration by Item Type: Override the values specified in Default expiration for a particular type. For example, keep Work Item change events for 30 days, and build change events for 2 days.
- ChangeEvent Expiration by Category: Override the values specified in Default expiration for a particular category. For example, keep LDAP nightly sync task events for 2 days, and system log events for 3 days.
Note: Setting the expiration date for a ChangeEvent only affects those ChangeEvents that were created after the setting was changed. This means changing the properties will not purge the already created ChangeEvents faster.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 1.0, 1.0.1, 22.214.171.124, 2.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Software edition: Standard
Reference #: 1390701
Modified date: 24 June 2009
Translate this page: