DB2 Version 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Configuring IOCP (AIX)

Start of changeConfiguring I/O completion ports (IOCPs) on AIX® servers is not required for the installation of DB2® for Linux, UNIX, and Windows software. However, this configuration step is recommended for performance purposes. You need to perform these steps on each host you want to participate in the DB2 instance. AIX 5.3 TL9 SP2 and AIX 6.1 TL2 have the I/O completion ports (IOCP) file set included as part of the base installation. However, if the minimum operating system requirements were applied using an operating system upgrade rather than using a new operating system installation, you must configure I/O completion ports (IOCP) separately.End of change

Before you begin

Installing DB2 software by running the db2setup command enables IOCP and sets the status of the IOCP port to "Available".

Procedure

1. Enter the lslpp command to check whether the IOCP module is installed on your system.
     $ lslpp -l bos.iocp.rte
    The resulting output should be similar to the following example:
    Fileset                     Level     State       Description
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
      bos.iocp.rte              5.3.9.0   APPLIED     I/O Completion Ports API

Path: /etc/objrepos
      bos.iocp.rte              5.3.0.50  COMMITTED   I/O Completion Ports API
  2. Enter the lsdev command to check whether the status of the IOCP port is Available.
    $ lsdev -Cc iocp
    The resulting output should match the following example:
     iocp0 Available  I/O Completion Ports
    If the IOCP port status is Defined, change the status to Available.
    1. Log in to the server as root and issue the following command:
      # smitty iocp
    2. Select Change / Show Characteristics of I/O Completion Ports.
    3. Change the configured state at system restart from Defined to Available. For this change to take effect, either perform a system reboot or issue the cfgmgr command.
    4. Enter the lsdev command again to confirm that the status of the IOCP port has changed to Available.