CICS Transaction Server for z/OS 5.3 detailed system requirements
This document provides access to the detailed system requirements (DSR) for the supported operating systems, hardware and software requirements, and other related information for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) 5.3, CICS TS Value Unit Edition (VUE) 5.3, and CICS TS Developer Trial 5.3.
Detailed system requirements information is now available through the Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR) web site. This web site provides you with the ability to dynamically generate operating system, prerequisite, translation, end of service, and detailed system requirements reports for your specific product, release, and operating system. The SPCR detailed system requirements will be updated with additional information on or before general availability (GA) of CICS TS V5.3:
- CICS TS V5.3 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS VUE V5.3 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS Developer Trial V5.3 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS build toolkit V5.3 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS Explorer V5.3 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
High-level programming languages
The Language Environment (LE) version provided with z/OS V1.13 and above is required to support COBOL, PL/I, C/C++, Assembler, and Java™.
For a list of supported and out of service high-level programming languages and compilers, see the High-level language support topic in the CICS TS V5.3 product documentation.
If you intend to connect a CICS TS V5.3 CICSPlex System Manager address space (CMAS) to a previous version of CICS TS CMAS, you need to apply the PTF(s) for the following APAR(s) to each downlevel CMAS:
The CICSPlex SM Web User Interface (WUI) can be used with browsers that support HTML V4. The WUI is stabilized and you are encouraged to use the CICS Explorer as noted in "Stabilization of support and discontinued functions" in the CICS TS V5.1 announcement letter.
CICS Explorer V5.3 or later is required for CICS TS V5.3. The system requirements for the various releases of CICS Explorer are listed on the CICS Explorer web page.
CICS TS V5.3 product documentation in the IBM Knowledge Center
The product documentation for CICS TS V5.3 is part of IBM Knowledge Center.
- Ensure that the latest levels of service are applied to each IBM product listed in the Software Compatibility Product Reports. In some cases, a specific version of a product might be required to take advantage of new function in CICS TS V5.3.
- The CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Developer Trial V5.3 is intended as a try-before-you-buy version of the full CICS TS V5.3 product. CICS TS Developer Trial V5.3 is free of charge and for evaluation (non-production) use only, offering a full set of features but with restricted performance and limited operational lifespan. For more information see the CICS Transaction Sever for z/OS Developer Trial web page and Support for CICS TS Developer Trial.
- Announcement Letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.3
- Program Directories for CICS TS V5.3
- Ordering CICS products and maintenance
- Finding CICS PSP Buckets
- Upgrading information for CICS when changing releases of CICS, z/OS, or DB2
- End of Service dates for CICS products
- IBM Support Portal for CICS Transaction Server
- CICS TS web page
- Vendor software products for z/OS
- Detailed System Requirements for other releases of CICS
Original publication date
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server