IBM Cognos Insight 10.2.2 Fix Pack 4 - Applying data spreading to rules-derived consolidated values
Enable the Spread on Rule Derived Consolidated Cells setting in IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler to allow multiple data spreading options in rules-derived consolidated cells in Cognos Insight.
In previous versions of Cognos Insight, you could not enter a value in a rules-derived consolidated cell.
As of Cognos Insight 10.2.2 Fix Pack 4, you can enable data spreading on such cells. When data spreading is enabled in Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler, entering a value in a rules-derived consolidated cell in Insight results in a dialog box that gives you the option of selecting one of these data spreading methods:
- Proportional Spread - distributes a specified value among children of the consolidation proportional to existing cell values
- Equal Spread - distributes a specified value equally across all children of a consolidation
- Repeat Leaves - copies a specified value to the children of a consolidation
To enable data spreading on rules-derived consolidated cells in Insight, you must first complete these steps in Performance Modeler.
- Open the Application Design pane in Performance Modeler.
- Double-click the application name to display the Application Design tab.
- Enable the Spread on Rule Derived Consolidated Cells setting and save.
- Deploy the application.
After successful deployment of the application, you can apply data spreading in Cognos Insight.
Translate this page: