Configuring the PMHub default admin host in a distributed environment
Additional steps are needed when the admin host and the TM1 server are in separate environments.
By default, the PMHub looks to the admin server running on localhost to locate available IBM Cognos TM1 servers. In a distributed environment, the admin server and the TM1 server may be on separate servers.
To configure PMHub to look for an admin server on a different host by default:
- Enter http://servername:portnumber/pmhub/pm/admin in a browser where severname:portnumber is your admin server name and port.
- On the PMHub configuration page, expand the configurations folder.
- Select com.ibm.ba.pm.resource.tm1
- Select com.ibm.ba.pm.resource.tm1.dictionary
- Change the host property value to be your admin host name. The admin host is the computer on which the TM1 admin server is running. The host property is specified using just the name of the computer on which the admin server is running, for example 'my_server'.
When you click away from any field, any changes made on the page are saved.