TPC 5.1.0 to 5.2.7 - Switch & Director - Supported Products Matrix
Switch and director support with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center version 5.1.x and 5.2.x.
NOTE: Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.1.x has reached end of support.
See the End of Support notification for details:
Switches and Directors
Firmware and SMI Agent levels newer than what is listed here are considered untested but are expected to work similarly and can be used. Newer levels are often recommended to pick up the latest fixes and functionality. If issues arise while using the newer levels, open a PMR and IBM Support will investigate the problem and attempt to resolve it, but resolution is not guaranteed. Any issues will be documented as they are identified. Minor version variations, such as letter designations, for the firmware levels may not be listed, but they are supported unless explicitly excluded.
More detailed information about support for firmware or SMI Agents with particular switch models is available from each of the switch vendors and should be referenced. The information in this table is provided for guidance with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center deployment.
See the additional notes below this table for specific concerns.
Click here for the switch support matrix for IBM Spectrum Control 5.2.8 and higher.
|Last updated: 2015-08-24|
IBM OEM Model
DCX 8510 Backbone
2005-32B (SAN 32B-2)
2498-F24 (SAN 24-B5)
2498-F48 (SAN 48-B5)
2498-R06 (SAN 06B-R)
2499-192 (SAN 384B)
2499-416 (SAN 384B-2)
2499-816 (SAN 768B-2)
with Integrated SMI Agent
* Network Advisor 12.3.4 and higher require using TPC 5.2.5+ or 188.8.131.52+ when using an https connection.
** A minimum level of 12.1.6 is recommended.
with Integrated SMI Agent
DCFM with Integrated SMI Agent
Brocade SMI Agent for FOS
*The embedded cimserver is no longer available from Cisco NX-OS 5.2 and up.
|Available for all supported NX-OS releases:
DCNM Proxy SMI Agent
Available prior to NX-OS 5.2:
NX-OS 3.1(2) and older
DCNM Proxy SMI Agent 6.1
DCNM Proxy SMI Agent:
|2Gb 6 port FC Switch Module for IBM eServer BladeCenter
4Gb 6 port FC Switch Module for IBM eServer BladeCenter
4Gb Intelligent Pass-thru Module and SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
* Supported for switch performance monitoring only with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.0 and earlier. It is no longer tested starting with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.1 and may provide unexpected results.
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center supports homogeneous fabrics for the switch vendors listed above. Heterogeneous fabrics are not supported. Specifically, fabrics with switches from two (or more) vendors are not supported unless all switches of the second vendor are in NPV (N_Port Virtualization) mode. Refer to the Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Installation and Configuration Guide for additional information.
- The integrated SMI Agent is only available in the Professional Plus and Enterprise editions of DCFM and Network Advisor. However, if you do not have a license for Network Advisor, you can still freely download and install it and use it as an SMI-S Agent for IBM Spectrum Control. During the Network Advisor installation, choose the SMI Agent Only option. When installed this way, the Network Advisor client interface will not be available, but configuration panels can be accessed by launching the Server Management Console and selecting Configure SMI Agent.
- To connect to Brocade Network Advisor 12.3.4 and later with a secure https connection, you must be using Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.5 or higher or Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 184.108.40.206 or higher. The http connection (SSL Enabled box unchecked in Network Advisor) does not have this same restriction.
- Access Gateway mode switches are not supported and should not be configured with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center. Using the out-of-band fabric agents or storage resource agents may provide additional detail for fabrics configured with these technologies, but it is still not considered a supported solution.
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center does not support the Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity functions for the Brocade 8000 switch. The domain-port zoning for Brocade 8000 switch is limited to the 8 FC ports. Only WWN zoning is supported with the internal FCoE ports. Performance monitoring is not supported for the Brocade 8000 internal FCoE ports.
- FICON support for Brocade switches is available using Brocade Network Advisor or DCFM integrated SMI agent. However, there is no differentiation of FICON from FC with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center.
- Brocade Virtual Fabrics are not supported.
- Issues may arise with the Brocade SMI Agent 120.11.0 if minimum firmware levels are not met on all switches in the fabric. See details. The integrated SMI agent with Network Advisor is the preferred application.
- The SMI Agent for FOS versions 120.10.0, 120.9.0, 120.8.0, 120.7.2, and 120.7.0a may be used for support of fabrics comprised of FOS switches which are at older firmware levels. Check the Brocade release notes for support details to ensure compatibility.
- Problems may be encountered with some Cisco switch configurations combined with certain Tivoli Storage Productivity Center agents. Full function support for Cisco using an SNMP agent is available with IBM Spectrum Control 5.2.8 and later.
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center does not support the Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity functions for the Cisco Nexus switch. Domain-port zoning is not supported on Cisco Nexus switches.
- Starting with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.3, the CIMOM is no longer required to get switch performance metrics. The switches can be added as out-of-band fabric (SNMP) agents and used instead. It is not required to use the CIMOM with Cisco fabrics.
- NPV (N_Port Virtualization) mode switches are supported starting with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.6 and can be configured using the out-of-band fabric (SNMP) agents. See the Knowledge Center for more information.
- The proxy SMI agent included with Cisco DCNM software is not supported with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.1.0. If you have upgraded your Cisco switches to NX-OS 5.2 or higher, you will need to use Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 220.127.116.11 or higher for support. The Cisco DCNM software requires a license for use.
- If you are using the embedded switch CIMOM, rather than the proxy SMI agent included with Cisco DCNM, you will need to add each switch in the fabric as a CIMOM agent data source to Tivoli Storage Productivity Center in order to collect performance metrics for the switch.
- Do not add both the embedded switch CIMOM and the DCNM SMI Agent as data sources to Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for a switch. Use one or the other if a CIMOM Agent data source is being specified.
- Zone control for Cisco will not work if enhanced zoning is enabled for the VSANs. Basic mode must be used.
- The QLogic embedded switch CIMOM is only supported for the BladeCenter switch models listed above with Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.0 and earlier.
IBM, the IBM logo, and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml .
Brocade SMI Agent for FOS Downloads
Switch Zoning Capabilities
Switch Issues with Brocade SMI Agent 120.7.0
Switch Issues with Brocade SMI Agent 120.11.0
Support Matrix Home - Find Links
Download Brocade Network Advisor
Download IBM Network Advisor
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Advanced||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||5.1.1, 5.1, 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.2.4, 5.2.5, 5.2.6, 5.2.7|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select Edition||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||5.1, 5.1.1, 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.2.4, 5.2.5, 5.2.6, 5.2.7|
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center
Software version: 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.2.4, 5.2.5, 5.2.6, 5.2.7
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 7027300
Modified date: 19 August 2015