Rational Rhapsody code generation: mapping elements to files and mapping files to folders
If you need greater flexibility with regard to controlling the location and directory structure of generated code, you can map model elements to specific output files, and map output files to specific folders.
Rational Rhapsody provides a number of mechanisms for controlling the location and directory structure of generated code. These mechanisms are described in the product help. If you require additional flexibility beyond that provided by these mechanisms, you can manually map model elements to specific output files, and map output files to specific folders.
To specify specific output folders to use:
- Under the relevant Component, add a new Folder element.
- To specify where the folder should be generated, modify the value of the Path field on the General tab of the Features window for the folder.
To map output files to specific folders, you can use either or both of the following approaches:
- Create a File element in the browser below the relevant Folder element
- Open the Features window for the relevant folder, and on the General tab, select the specific classes that you would like to generate to that folder.
To map elements to specific output files:
- Open the Features window for the relevant File element.
- On the Elements tab, use the New Element button at the top right to select elements to map to the file.
Original publication date