IBM Spectrum Protect Version 8.1.5 for Windows servers
This document describes how to download the installation images for IBM® Spectrum Protect™ Version 8.1.5 by using the Passport Advantage® Online website.
This document describes how to download IBM Spectrum Protect Version 8.1.5 Windows® server installation images by using the Passport Advantage Online website.
Information for the AIX and Linux servers and the client is accessible via tabbed sections defined later in this document.
Tip: IBM Spectrum Protect includes security updates. Before you install the V8.1.5 server, review the product documentation, including the following topics:
- Protect your storage environment with an improved security protocol
- Optimize security with the automatically generated master encryption key
For the latest information about security updates, see technote 2004844.
IBM Spectrum Protect enables you to protect your organization’s data from failures and other errors by storing backup and archive data in a hierarchy of online and offline storage. The core functions of IBM Spectrum Protect include backup and recovery management, and archive management.
Tip: The product now known as IBM Spectrum Protect™ was named IBM Tivoli®Storage Manager in releases earlier than Version 7.1.3. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
To access the online product documentation, see IBM Knowledge Center.
Space requirements for Windows, 64-bit
- 2328 MB of disk space to store the full set of downloadable parts.
- 7500 MB of disk space to unpack the parts.
- 7500 MB of disk space for the installed product.
Downloading and assembling the product
- Download all of the parts that you need, both required and optional. The parts are described by platform in the tabbed sections of this document.
- Unpack each of the parts into a single temporary directory on your system.
- Use short path names for the directory used to extract the packages, for example: C:\tsm_images. Path names inside the package are long and extracting the package to a lengthy directory name can cause problems with the 255 character file path limit on Windows.
Ensure that the path does not contain non-ASCII characters.
- Follow the instructions in the IBM Spectrum Protect Installation Guide to install the product.
|CNR3BML.exe||IBM Spectrum Protect, V8.1.5 Windows, 64-bit|
Optionally, you can download any of the following parts:
|CNR3FML.exe||IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.5 Windows (64-bit) Operations Center|
|CNR3IML.exe||IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.5 Windows (32-bit) Client Management Service|
|CNR3JML.exe||IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.5 Windows (64-bit) Client Management Service|
For system requirements, see IBM Spectrum Protect Supported Operating Systems.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Log on to Passport Advantage online||23 Mar 2018||English||1000||HTTP|
Translate this page: