Japanese User Interface update: Fix list and installation information
Preventive Service Planning
This document lists fixes and information for install and uninstall for the Japanese User Interface update that is part of IBM Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 (FP10).
An optional Japanese User Interface update made available with IBM Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 includes fixes for high-impact localization defects. The 'IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 FP10 Japanese User Interface Update' requires 9.0.1 Japanese Client/Japanese MUI + FP10.
Table of contents:
- Specific fixes for the Japanese client
- Installing the Japanese User Interface update
- Uninstalling the Japanese User Interface update
Specific fixes for the Japanese client:
- TITH9GEC9K (LO79111) - Fix an issue where a mail meeting invitation does not have the day in the subject
- THIO9KW2FH (LO80689) - To Do From Japanese Notes does not contain the correct Japanese date format characters
- SKAI9UW3JX - Fix an issue where the 'IDEXTRAFILENAME' parameter does not work in the Japanese Notes Client
- THIO9L22J3 (LO80781) - Fix an issue where the date formats in the subject of Meeting invitations and Group To Do's are SBCS instead of DBCS
- TSUA8RA5JW - Fixed an issue where the property box of database is truncated in the Japanese Client
- CKUAAHB8PN (LO91232) - Fix an issue where it takes long time to open a DJX address list
- YNIAAT45QJ (LO93313) - Fix a Notes crash when selecting a department entry in DJX
- HKOA9CAF82 (LO77351) - Fix an issue on Instant Messaging UI displayed in English
Installing the Japanese User Interface Update
- Install 9.0.1 Japanese Notes Client or install '9.0.1 Gold + IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 Multilingual User Interface'
- Install IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 FP10
Install IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 FP10 Japanese User Interface update (GUI & Silent install options are illustrated below).
GUI mode: Double-click the executable, fp_setup.exe, to start the installation (takes one to two seconds to complete the installation)
Silent Install Mode
- Set system variable MUIFP_SILENT=1 or 1+ (‘1’=no pop-up message, ‘1+’= displays the notice panel).
- Execute the following command: fp_setup.exe -s
The updated files are installed under <Notes Program> and <Notes Program>/MUI/ja folders.
Uninstalling the Japanese User Interface Update
Note: Uninstall the 'IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 FP10 Japanese User Interface Update' before uninstalling Notes 9.0.1 FP10.
Run the Uninstaller at <Notes Program>\FPuninst.exe which will roll back to previous file versions.
More support for:
Software version: 9.0.1, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Social Edition
Reference #: 2013102
Modified date: 31 January 2018
Translate this page: