How to redirect users after Sign Out in Cognos Analytics?
By default, Cognos Analytics returns users to the Cognos Analytics main page when they click the Sign Out link. This can result in confusion in the case where single sign-on is configured as users will be immediately logged back in again.
In Cognos 11.1, you no longer need to create a html file to redirect users. Logout/login URLs can be specified directly from the portal. You will not need to restart the services after updating the URLs.
You can override the default behaviour in the following way on all Cognos Content Manager Servers:
In Cognos Analytics 11.0.5 or earlier:
1. Modify <install.dir>/configuration/bi-services.xml and add the following line
<jndiEntry jndiName="glass/sso/logout" value="about:blank"/>
2. Modify "about:blank" to be any relative or absolute URL of your choice.
In Cognos Analytics 11.0.6 and later (Solution verified using Internet Explorer browser):
- Create an XML file called local-server.xml
- Edit the file to add the following: <server><jndiEntry jndiName="glass/sso/logout" value="logoff.html"/></ser
- This file should be placed in <app dir> / configuration /
- Create an HTML file called logoff.html
- Edit the file to contain the following:
<p><a href="#" onClick="functionOne(); functionTwo();">Clear User Session & Log On...</a></p>
Where YOUR DISPATCHER URI = http://servername:port/bi/v1/disp
- This logoff.html file should be placed in <gateway dir> / webcontent / bi /
- App tier will need to be restarted for changes to take effect.
- Now signing off should take the user to the logoff.html where they will be able to click the link to access the direct dispatch to log in.
The logoff.html is an example redirect page and can be changed to something more appropriate if necessary.
If this doesn’t work check the following:
- The URL after being redirected matches the location of the logoff.html, if it doesn’t adjust the local-server.xml accordingly. Remember any changes made to local-server.xml won’t take effect until the app service is restarted.
- Sometimes browser cache can cause the user to be logged straight back in again when using the direct dispatch, so you may need to use private browsing or clear cache.
- Ensure that if you have multiple gateways and multiple applications that the local-server.xml and logoff.html are placed in all of them.
Related informationRedirect user at Log off
Equivalent in Cognos 11.1
More support for:
Component: Administration and Configuration v11x
Software version: 11.0.x, 11.1.x
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1995296
Modified date: 13 February 2019