IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7, Service Refresh 9, Fix Pack 50
IBM® SDK, Java™ Technology Edition, Version 7, Service Refresh 9, Fix Pack 50 availability.
This release of the Software Developers Kit (SDK) and Java runtime environment contains the following enhancements and changes to default behavior:
- According to the Oracle Java SE Roadmap, support for Deployment technology is removed from June 2016. This technology includes the Java plug-in and Web Start features. These changes also apply to the IBM implementation. All client side Java runtime environments should be upgraded to IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8 for continued deployment technology support.
- The Health Center agent is updated to version 3.0.9. To learn about new function included with this agent, see What's new in the Health Center product documentation.
- This release includes version 1.8 of the IBM JCE FIPS provider. There are behavior differences between this version and the previous version, 1.71. These differences might require you to modify your application code before upgrading.
- A new system property is available to match the behavior of SSLContext.getInstance("TLS") in the IBM SDK with the Oracle implementation.
- For the JGSS security provider, you can now specify Kerberos encryption types by using the com.ibm.security.krb5.enctypes Java system property.
The installable packages for AIX®, Linux, and z/OS® platform architectures are available from developerWorks.
To learn more about the changes in this update, read the "What's New" topic for the relevant platform user guide or security guide:
AIX user guide
Linux user guide
Windows user guide
z/OS user guide
Note: The IBM SDK and Java runtime environment for Windows are available only as part of an IBM product. If you are interested in developing and testing Java applications for Windows, IBM has a number of offerings to assist you, including the IBM Development Package for Eclipse, and specific products in the WebSphere Application Server family.
For any late-breaking news or supplementary information that is not included in the user guide, see
IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7: Current news.
This release also contains Oracle and IBM fixes to the code base. For more information, see IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7 fixes.
For any security fixes provided in this service refresh, see the list of Security alerts.
More support for:
Runtimes for Java Technology
Software version: 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: Java SE
Reference #: 1986589
Modified date: 08 August 2016