Customer access Portal for IBM® Service Management Suite for z/OS
What is the customer access Portal for IBM® Service Management Suite for z/OS?
IBM Service Management Unite is a systems management console that consolidates mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single environment. This portal contains information and software downloads for IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS. IBM Service Management Unite is the initial component available in this portal.
IBM® Service Management Unite V1.1.4 includes the following new or enhanced features:
- The installation of SMU is simplified with a prebuilt Docker image. You can now choose if you want to download and install the prebuilt Docker image or if you want to install the software manually using the provided installers.
- Added 'Storage Overview', 'Storage Group Details', and 'Volume Details' dashboards to monitor the storage metrics based on OMEGAMON for Storage.
- "Ask Watson" dashboard is added as an open beta feature to provide a cognitive documentation search.
- To ensure a reliable system with high performance and less downtime, you can set up SMU with high availability.
- With Universal Automation Adapters, SMU Automation can automate applications that run on non-z/OS systems. This allows for true end-to-end cross platform automation using System Automation for z/OS V4.1 with APAR OA55386 installed.
- SA operations experience is enhanced:
- For a stop, start, or suspend request, you can choose the new REMOVE=SYSGONE option to automatically remove the request when the system where the selected resource runs, leaves the sysplex.
- The resource status of a system is now represented as the worst compound status of all top-level resources running on that system. This can be combined with a Resource name filter or Resource class filter as data set parameter. In this case the worst resource state is derived by the worst compound state of all resources on the system that match the specified filter criteria.
- A Hide operational tasks option is added into the automation domain topology and automation node list data sets. Choose this option if the context menu of nodes that are contained in these data sets should not include any operational tasks, such as excluding a node.
IBM Service Management Unite is a customizable dashboard user interface that is available with IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS V1.5.0. Service Management Unite provides system programmers, operators, and administrators with a transparent view about the of system health status and allows for easy problem identification. The dashboard enables operators to see both monitoring and automation exception events together so they can identify critical problems. Operators can quickly and confidently analyze, isolate and diagnose problems by providing all relevant data in a single place. Service Management Unite also enables operators interact directly with the system by issuing commands and viewing results without going to a different console.
Service Management Unite also provides access to automation functions to start, stop or recycle business applications running on z (z/OS or Systems z), even from mobile devices. This flexibility helps system programmers, operators, and administrators by delivering more usable and efficient automation and system and network management capabilities. The integrated operations console can be used by operators to issue commands such as starting and stopping heterogeneous business applications on IBM z Systems and distributed platforms.
This release of Service Management Unite supports integration with:
- IBM System Automation for z/OS V4.1, with APAR OA55386 installed
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agent for WebSphere Applications V7.1.03 FP8, or later
- IBM OMEGAMON XE on z/OS V5.3.0 with PTF UA80391 Fix Pack, 5.3.0-TIV-KM5-FP0003, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging on z/OS V7.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON for Mainframe Networks V5.3.0, or later
- IBM OMEGAMON for Storage V5.4.0, or later
- IBM Operations Analytics - Log Analysis V1.3.2
- IBM Tivoli Netview for z/OS Enterprise Management Agent V6.2.1
Hardware and software requirements
IBM Service Management Unite has prerequisites on several other components included with the SMSz suite or available in Fix Central.
For the WebUI to be fully functional, you must first install and configure the following on the SMU server:
- JazzSM V188.8.131.52 or higher. JazzSM V1.1.3 is included on the download link
- Dashboard Application Server Hub (DASH) (installed with the JazzSM package)
- Tivoli Directory Integrator V7.1.1 Fixpack 4 or higher. Tivoli Directory Integrator V184.108.40.206 is included in the download link as part of the JazzSM V1.1.3 package. The latest fixpack can also be found on IBM Fix Central
Alternatively, you can download the prebuilt SMU Docker image and load it into your Docker environment. It has JazzSM, DASH, TDI, and SMU pre-installed.
On the backend side, you must have installed and configured the following components depending on the desired functionality:
- IBM NetView for z/OS V6.2.1
- IBM System Automation for z/OS V4.1.0, with APAR OA55386 installed
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring v6.3.0 Fixpack 6 with ITM TEPS. This fixpack can be found on IBM Fix Central
- IBM OMEGAMON for z/OS v5.3.0 with PTF UA80391 Fix Pack, 5.3.0-TIV-KM5-FP0003, or later, can be found on IBM Fix Central
- IBM z/OS TEMA
- TEP/IOA-LA integration must be enabled in PARMGEN and PTFs are required.
See the technote for more information:
- OMEGAMON® for z/OS and IBM Operations Analytics - Log Analysis V1.3.1 integration PTFs for the following agents:
IBM® MQ Monitoring
Link to fix: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1OA46839
IBM® Integration Bus Monitoring
Link to fix: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1OA46840
OMEGAMON for Storage
Link to fix: https://www.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1OA46871
IBM Service Management Unite software downloads are available on the following url: https://www.ibm.com/marketing/iwm/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=swg-ibmsms.
To access the download link you will need your IBM customer ID and password as well as the access key which is supplied with the product materials on a CD titled Accessing IBM Service Management Unite. The form number is LCD8-2731-00.
If you have misplaced the CD you can reorder the product materials via Shop zSeries. You can also contact IBM support or the email@example.com email ID. Please include your IBM customer and contact info when emailing IBM.
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Translate this page: