IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7, Service Refresh 9
IBM® SDK, Java™ Technology Edition, Version 7, Service Refresh 9 general availability.
This release of the Software Developers Kit (SDK) and Java Runtime Environment contains the following enhancements and changes to default behavior:
- Improved tracing for the Object Request Broker (ORB); Component level tracing is now available to improve the debugging of ORB problems.
- Bar Mitzvah security vulnerability; To address security vulnerability CVE-2015-2808, RC4 cipher suites are disabled by default and Cipher-Block Chaining (CBC) protection is enabled.
- A new RSA-PSS digital signature scheme is available.
- A new security property, com.ibm.jsse2.convertSSLv3, is available that allows you to automatically match the behavior of the protocol label SSL where the label SSLv3 is specified in your application code.
- The Health Center agent is updated. To learn about new function included with this agent, see Platform requirements in the Health Center product documentation
The following changes apply to specific platform architectures:
- You can now use hardware compression acceleration on IBM z Systems™ with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z® 12.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 is now available with this release.
- Change to applet or Web start application behavior; When an applet or Web Start application is started, a warning is displayed if a later release of the runtime environment is available that contains security updates.
Note: The IBM SDK and JRE for Windows are available only as part of an IBM product. If you are interested in developing and testing Java applications for Windows, IBM has a number of offerings to assist you, including the IBM Development Package for Eclipse, and specific products in the WebSphere Application Server family.
To learn more about the changes in this update, read the "What's New" topic for the relevant platform user guide or security guide:
AIX user guide
Linux user guide
Windows user guide
z/OS user guide
For any late-breaking news or supplementary information that is not included in the user guide, see
IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7: Current news.
This release also contains Oracle and IBM fixes to the code base. For more information, see IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7 fixes.
For any security fixes provided in this service refresh, see the list of Security alerts.
More support for:
Runtimes for Java Technology
Software version: 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, z/OS
Software edition: Java SE
Reference #: 1883338
Modified date: 15 June 2015