"SSL Error 61: You have not chosen to trust "DigiCert ..."" when launching Controller on Cloud, caused by old Citrix client
User launches Controller-on-Cloud. User receives an error.
Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server
SSL Error 61: You have not chosen to trust "DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA", the issuer of the server's security certificate.
You have not chosen to trust "DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA", the issuer of the server's security certificate.
Contact your help desk for assistance.
There are several known causes of similar errors.
- TIP: For more examples, see separate IBM Technote #0738725.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is that the user's client device is using an old (unsupported) Citrix client.
Resolving The Problem
Upgrade client device to the latest Citrix client (also known as 'Citrix Receiver' and 'Citrix ICA client').
TIP: At the time of writing, the current latest versions are:
- Windows = Citrix Receiver 4.11
- Mac = Citrix Receiver 12.9.1
1. Browse to the Citrix client website
- TIP: At the time of writing, this is here: https://www.citrix.co.uk/downloads/citrix-receiver/
2. Choose your version (Windows or Mac)
- For example, at the time of writing, the latest Citrix Windows client can be downloaded from here: https://www.citrix.co.uk/downloads/citrix-receiver/windows/receiver-for-windows-latest.html
3. Click on the relevant link, for example click "Download Receiver for Windows":
4. Run the downloaded file, and perform a default installation
Related informationTHIRD PARTY - Citrix receiver download link
THIRD PARTY - CTX108800 Error: "SSL Error 61: You have
0738725 - ** Troubleshooting ** "You have not chosen to trust "DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA", the issuer of the server's security certificate" errors launching Controller on Cloud
More support for:
Cognos Controller on Cloud
Component: Not Applicable
Software version: 10.2, 10.2.1
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1700416
Modified date: 05 November 2018