IBM TS4500 Tape Library Configuration Information for IBM Spectrum Protect Server (formerly TSM)
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM TS4500
- Library capacity
- One base frame, up to 17 expansion frames with maximum of 7 Dx5 frames
- Up to 16 drives per frame (up to 12 in frame 1). Up to 128 drives per library
- Up to 17,550 3592 tape cartridges per library
- Up to 23,170 LTO tape cartridges per library
- Bar codes are supported.
- ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
- PERForm LIBAction is supported.
- IBM TS4500 is available with the following drives:
- IBM Ultrium 7 support requires IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.3 or subsequent maintenance release
- IBM Ultrium 8 support requires IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.3 or subsequent maintenance release
- IBM TS1155 (3592-55F) support requires IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 or subsequent maintenance release
- IBM TS1160 (3592-60F) support requires IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 or subsequent maintenance release
- Protect your storage environment with an improved security protocol
- Optimize security with the automatically generated master encryption key
- For the latest information about security updates, see technote 2004844 .
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> Select the platform for the device driver
- For more information, see IBM TS4500 Tape Library - Overview .
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows " or " Supported Devices for Linux " for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center .
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: 6.3.4, 7.1, All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1676230
Modified date: 11 January 2019