Adding a Banner Message to the QRadar Login Screen
Is it possible to add a customized banner message to the login screen for our QRadar users?
Yes, administrators who have root access to the command-line interface can create a login message file, which is then displayed on the login page of the QRadar user interface.
Figure 1: User interface before the login message is added.
Figure 2: Example of the user interface after the administrator creates the login message.
Note: As of QRadar version 7.2.3, a log in message can be configured from the Admin tab.
How to create a banner message for the QRadar login screen
If you are not experienced with editing files in Linux/UNIX environments then you should not attempt this procedure, but contact your Linux/UNIX administrator.
- Using SSH, log in to the Console's command line interface as the root user.
- Navigate to /etc/ and type vim loginMsg.
The vim editor creates a file named loginMsg. Note: The file name specified in the Login Message File field cannot include special characters, such as hyphens (-). If you specify a file name with a special character, the following error message is displayed: Formatting errors found. Hover over error icons for more information.
- Press i to start insert mode and type your message.
- To save your message, press ESC, type :wq, and press Enter to return to the command line.
If you need to assistance with your login credentials, you can contact email@example.com. Scheduled maintenance windows are emailed as well as posted on our wiki at: https://maintenance.example.com.
- To have your message file display in the interface, navigate to the Admin tab of the QRadar console and click System settings.
- Click Authentication Settings.
- In the Login Message File textbox, type in the path to the loginMsg file that was created in steps 1 through 4.
- Click Save.
- Log out of QRadar and the new banner message should be displayed.
Figure 3: Example screen capture of the new log in message.
Where do I find more information?
If you have additional questions or some of this content is not clear, you can see the QRadar forum or contact customer support:
- Online QRadar Customer Forums
- Submit and manage your support tickets online 24x7 using IBM Service Request
- QRadar Downloads - IBM Fix Central