ClearQuest date and time values appear skewed after applying Microsoft patch KB2633952, KB2570791, or KB2756822 on Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server
This technote identifies a problem where IBM Rational ClearQuest date and time values in appear skewed by one hour after applying Microsoft patch KB2633952, KB2570791 or KB2756822 to Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server. This problem has been identified on ClearQuest V7.1.x.x systems set to either the GMT+8 or GMT+9 time zone.
Problems occur if you have a ClearQuest system running on Windows that meets all of the following conditions:
- One of the following Microsoft patches is installed: KB2633952, KB2570791 or KB2756822
- The time zone is set to either GMT+8 or GMT+9
- The operating system is either Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server
- ClearQuest 7.1.x.x is running
- On your system, date and time values appear one hour earlier for records created on a system that does not meet all of the conditions just mentioned
- On systems that do not meet all of the conditions just mentioned, date and time values created on your system appear one hour later
This issue is identified as ClearQuest product defect APAR PM62602.
Resolving the problem
There are two ways to work around this problem:
- Upgrade to ClearQuest 8.0.x.x.
- Upgrade to ClearQuest 220.127.116.11 and higher
- Remove Microsoft patch KB2633952, KB2570791 or KB2756822, as appropriate. See this web page for instructions on removing Microsoft patches.
More support for:
Web Server (7.1)
Software version: 7.1.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 7.1.2, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1593316
Modified date: 13 December 2012