Enabling pluglet development in InfoSphere Data Architect V8.1 when shell-sharing with Rational Software Architect V8.0.* or V8.5
Pluglet development is disabled by default when you shell-share InfoSphere Data Architect V8.1 with Rational Software Architect V8.0.* or V8.5.
In Rational Software Architect, pluglet development is disabled by default. When you shell-share with InfoSphere Data Architect, the settings from Rational Software Architect are not changed, and pluglet development is still disabled by default. You must enable pluglet development before you can create, edit, and debug pluglets.
Resolving the problem
To enable pluglet development when you shell-share InfoSphere Data Architect v8.1 with Rational Software Architect v8.0.* and v8.5, you must perform the following steps:
- Open the Preferences window by clicking Window > Preferences.
- Open the General node, then open the Capabilities page, as shown in the following image:
- Enable pluglet development:
- On the Capabilities page, click the Advanced button. The Advanced Capabilities Settings window opens.
- Expand the Development node, then select the Pluglet Development option, as shown in the following image:
- Click OK to save the capabilities settings, then click OK in the Preferences window to save your preferences.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect||Linux, Windows||8.0.4, 22.214.171.124, 8.5|