How to run Rational Functional Tester without admin rights
How do you record and playback IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) Java scripts as non-administrative user?
Your organisation's policy prescribes that you can only work with RFT as a normal user.
- Login as admin user to make the necessary changes.
- Set full access rights to the following directories and all their contents and subcontents..
The 'IBM' part of the All Users\IBM\RFT.
The location of your RFT project.
The location of your RFT workspace
- Delete the existing RFT workspace, so that RFT creates a new workspace in the very same folder.
- Delete the file:
- Create a folder and give full access right to the RFT users.
- Add the following line at the end of the file. In this example:
- Save the file and log off from Windows.
- Log in as a normal user
- You will see that all configuration folders are created in the c:\ibm and that an .eclipse folder is absent in the All Users folder or any other location.
- Start RFT from the command-line, with the -clean option.
"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\eclipse.exe -product com.ibm.rational.rft.product.ide -clean"
- To use Configuring Applications for testing as a non-admin user, you need full rights to the following file. In this file RFT stores the application enablement.
- RFT and the other Rational Testing Tools are designed for users who are comfortable to work with administrator rights.
More support for:
Rational Functional Tester
Software version: 8.2.1, 188.8.131.52, 8.2.2, 184.108.40.206, 8.3, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.5, 22.214.171.124, 8.5.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1574927
Modified date: 21 November 2014