After modifying IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0 to remove all web features from a new profile, the profile cqwebprofile is not removed from the system
When installing ClearQuest web components you can choose to have a profile created and used for the deployment. If you later modify the installation to remove all web components (ClearQuest Web, Report Launcher and Report Server for Crystal Reports), the profile should be removed and deleted, too. In IBM Rational ClearQuest v8.0 the profile is not fully removed, preventing future redeployment.
After modifying IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0 to remove all web features from a new profile, the profile cqwebprofile is not removed from the system.
Trying to modify IBM Rational ClearQuest to add any web feature for the first time when none of the web features is already Installed, won't let you continue in the WebSphere Application Server Selection Panel, the error shown is:
You have entered an invalid directory for creating a profile in, please verify that the directory is valid, is empty or it does not exist.
Diagnosing the problem
If you have removed all the following features from IBM Rational ClearQuest Installation and the cqwebprofile is still present in the system, follow the instructions in the next section to solve the problem:
- Report Server for Crystal Reports
- ClearQuest Web Server
- Report Launcher for ClearQuest
Resolving the problem
This issue has been addressed in IBM Rational ClearQuest 220.127.116.11
In order to verify that cqwebprofile was correctly removed after the using the Modify action in Installation Manager, execute the following command on the IBM WebSphere Application Server instance used previously.
- Change directory to
- Show the list of profiles registered in the Instance:
- In the output, verify that the cqwebprofile is not present:
- If the cqwebprofile is listed there, manually remove cqwebprofile from the system. Issue the manageprofiles.sh or manageprofiles.bat command from the
<WAS_HOME>\bin location to delete the profile. For example:
UNIX: manageprofiles.sh -delete -profileName qwebprofile
windows manageprofiles.bat -delete -profileName cqwebprofile
- Finally, make sure the folder where the profile used to be installed is correctly deleted. If needed, delete the folder where the above profile had been created. The default path is
Note: Sometimes the profile folder is not deleted due to open windows or consoles within the profile location.