Unable to open RequisiteWeb help after performing an update
After updating IBM Rational RequisitePro from version 7.1.1, 7.1.2 or 7.1.3 to a newer version, the help for the Rational RequisitePro client for web (RequisiteWeb) does not display and an error message is shown.
All the links to the RequisiteWeb help return a HTTP 404 error: page not found.
This problem is due server information that is not updated during the update process.
Resolving the problem
To solve the issue, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.
- Stop the following service: IBM WebSphere Application Server - RWP ReqWeb Servlet.
The WAS versions can be 7 or 8 for Rational RequisitePro 7.1.3.x, or WAS version 6.1 for Rational RequisitePro versions 7.1.1.x and 7.1.2.x.
- Clean the temp folder files. Open the temp folder in one of the following locations and delete its content. By default, the install location is C:\Program Files\IBM.
For Rational RequisitePro versions 7.1.3.x:
For Rational RequisitePro versions 7.1.1.x and 7.1.2.x:
- Start the service: IBM WebSphere Application Server - RWP ReqWeb Servlet.
- Wait approximately five minutes until the cache is recreated.
Note: To know if the cache was completely recreated, check the size of the content in the following directory: install location\RationalSDLC\profiles\profile2\temp.
It should be approximately 60 MB.
More support for:
Software version: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1445381
Modified date: 04 May 2012