Getting HTTP Error 500.23 – Internet Server Error when using IBM FileNet Open Client
When launching the home page of IBM FileNet Open Client, an error occurs regarding ASP.NET settings.
The complete error is:
HTTP Error 500.23 – Internet Server Error
An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.
This error can occur if the Application Pools is run in Integrated mode where managed code is integrated into the request processing pipeline.
Windows 2008, IIS 7.0
Resolving the problem
Configure ASP.NET to run in Classic mode as an ISAPI extension:
- Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Select Application Pools in the left pane
- Select DefaultAppPool in the right pane, then click Advanced Settings
- Select Managed Pipeline Mode in the General section
- Change the value from Integrated to Classic, then click OK
- Click Recycle to restart the Application Pools
More support for:
FileNet IDM Desktop/WEB Services/Open Client
Software version: 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1441995
Modified date: 07 December 2016
Translate this page: