Removal of Tivoli Storage Manager V6 server instance on UNIX
Failed install of a Tivoli Storage Manager V6 instance
In this case the Instance Install failed due to Tivoli Storage Manager format ran out of disk space
Resolving the problem
Do these steps (they are all examples)
1) Login as the Instance user. If needed CD to your db2 instance directory.
db2 drop db tsmdb1
2) Do db2ilist to get a list of all the current instance names
3) Change to the root user ID to do the next command (CD back to the instance directory-- Example: /opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/instance/) :
db2idrop <instance name>
Example: If the instance you want to remove is "tsminst1" you would issue:
4) Delete all files located in the instance directory. Example:
5) Delete all log and DB files for the instance. The location of these volumes was determined at the time of configuration. There is no default location. Example of the directory names:
Ensure that you are deleting the correct volumes for the instance. If you delete volumes for a different instance than you are removing, that instance will no longer be operational.
6) Verify that /etc/inittab does not have a start tsm server. Remove it if it is there.
You are now ready to run the Tivoli Storage Manager instance configuration again.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: 6.3, 7.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1403889
Modified date: 11 February 2010