How to run multiple versions of Rational Quality Manager server on the same machine
How do you configure IBM Rational Quality Manager server versions 22.214.171.124 and 2.0 to run concurrently on the same server using two instances of Apache Tomcat?
By default, Rational Quality Manager server versions 126.96.36.199 and 2.0 can be installed on the same machine; however, you are only able to run one version at a time due to port conflicts.
The following steps explain how to set Rational Quality Manager 2.0 to utilize non-default ports, allowing you to start it while Rational Quality Manager 188.8.131.52 is already running on the default ports.
This allows you to run both servers concurrently.
- The procedure below requires that you utilize Apache Tomcat for both instances of Rational Quality Manager.
- The paths in the procedure below are only an example, and assume that that both Rational Quality Manager versions are installed in their default locations on a Windows XP machine. You will need to modify this procedure if you are using non-default locations or a different operating system.
- The ports in the procedure below assume that you are changing Rational Quality Manager 2.0 server to use ports 9081, 9444, and 9006, and 9010. You may need to substitute other values if these ports are not available on your server.
to stop all instances of Rational Quality Manager server.
in a text editor.
3. Replace all instances of "9080" with "9081" and all instances of "9443" with "9444".
<Server port="9005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
<Server port="9006" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
6. Save and close server.xml.
in a text editor.
9. If the Rational Quality Manager 2.0 server is being used as a floating license server, replace "9080" with "9081" in the license service setting. For example:
10. Save and close teamserver.properties.
to start Rational Quality Manager server 184.108.40.206.
to start Rational Quality Manager server 2.0.
13. Wait for
INFO: Serverstartup in n ms
to appear in each of the command prompt windows, where n is any integer.
Both Rational Quality Manager servers are now running. You can access Rational Quality Manager 220.127.116.11 at https:// [hostname]:9443/jazz/web/console/and Rational Quality Manager 2.0 at https:// [hostname]:9444/jazz/web/console/where [ hostname ] is the machine name or IP address of your server.
In order to prevent conflicts between the authenticated sessions in your web browser, you should not attempt access both instances of Rational Quality Manager concurrently from the same client machine in the same web browser. If you would like to log into both versions from the same client, use Firefox for one instance and Internet Explorer for the other.
Due to performance degradation when running multiple Tomcat servers, this configuration should not be used in production environments.
More support for:
Rational Quality Manager
Software version: 1.0, 1.0.1, 18.104.22.168, 2.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 2.0.1, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Express Edition, Standard Edition
Reference #: 1397277
Modified date: 31 August 2009