Archive Profile document on mail database is not created during user registration
In Lotus Notes/Domino, you find that Archive Profile documents are not created unless you click Action > Archive > Settings.
Archive profile document is not created by running compact -A against the mail file for server archiving.
Diagnosing the problem
Steps to reproduce:
1. Register a new user on a server.
2. Using NotesPeek, open the mail database of the registered user. The Archive Profile document is missing.
3. Apply an explicit or organizational archive policy to the user.
4. Have the user connect to the server and make sure that Dynamic Client Configuration (DCC) runs on the client and that the policy is pushed down to the user.
5. Check the $policy on the Personal Address Book to make sure the policy is in place.
6. Open NotesPeek and check the user mail database. The archive profile document has not been created.
7. From the Domino Server console, run the command "Load compact -A mail/usermail.nsf".
The following error message is returned:
"02/20/2008 12:21:38 PM Archiving documents from mail\usermail (User)
02/20/2008 12:21:38 PM Server-based archiving not enabled on database mail\usermail".
Resolving the problem
From the workstation, click Actions > Archive > Settings. This will create the archive profile and if a policy is in place, the policy settings are added to the Archive Profile document.