Configuring IIS 7.0 and Cognos 8
The attached document contains screen shots of the 6 main steps required to successfully configure IIS 7.0 for a Cognos 8 Gateway on Windows 2008 Server.
This document should only be used as a guide and in conjunction with the Cognos 8 Installation and Configuration Guide.
It contains screen shots of the 5 main steps required to successfully configure IIS 7.0 for a Cognos 8 Gateway on Windows 2008 Server.
1. Check CGI or ISAPI is enabled in IIS
2. Create the Cognos 8 virtual directories
3. Edit ISAPI or CGI Extensions
4. Add module mapping
5. Edit Module mapping
6. Allow CGI application to use execute
To set up SSO:
The equivalent of "Integrated Windows Authentication" in older IIS versions is required. This should be done after following the attached document. To set this up, follow steps from Microsoft:
1. Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage.
2. In Features View, double-click Authentication.
3. On the Authentication page, select Windows Authentication.
4. In the Actions pane, click Enable to use Windows authentication.
5. Disable Anonymous Access.
|Business Analytics||Cognos Business Intelligence||Install and Config||Windows||8.3, 8.4|
More support for:
Cognos 8 Business Intelligence
Install and Config
Software version: 8.3, 8.4
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1381516
Modified date: 27 January 2011