DMS-E-SS_SYNTAX, A syntax error was detected near ''TIMESTAMP''.
Unable to convert the datetime column in the main query to a date using the datetime-to-date function when joining a sub-report to the main report on a datetime column.
Error Message -
Error number -239:
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request'.
DMS-E-SS_SYNTAX, A syntax error was detected near 'TIMESTAMP'.
Resolving the problem
1. Remove the datetime-to-date function from the date column in the main query.
2. Run the report to ensure the error does not occur.
3. Remove the filter on the sub-report joining the sub-report to the main query.
4. Add the datetime-to-date function to the datetime in the main query.
5. Run the report again.
6. Add filter back into the sub-report.
7. Run the report again.
|Business Analytics||Cognos Series 7||Impromptu Web Reports|
More support for:
Cognos Series 7
Software version: Impromptu 6.0, Impromptu Web Reports 7.3
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1349267
Modified date: 12 September 2014
Translate this page: