Collect troubleshooting data for event sequencing problems in WebSphere Process Server (WPS)
You are having a event sequencing problem with WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server support team can diagnose your problem.
Resolving the problem
Collect troubleshooting data for event sequencing problems in WebSphere Process Server. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and can save you time.
Setting the trace setting
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- The out of the following command from the bin directory:
- Server logs: All files from:
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Event Sequencing diagnostic information
- eventsequencing.properties file
- Output of the esAdmin listAll command
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
Collect the diagnostic information following these step:
- Gather the eventsequencing.properties file from <Install_Root>/properties.
- Details on the esAdmin command can be found here:
- Collect the general diagnostic information, for instructions see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collect troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server.
What to do next
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Software version: 6.1, 6.1.2, 6.2, 7.0, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: NA
Reference #: 1320668
Modified date: 26 February 2010