How to run a manual NSD for Notes/Domino on Windows
While troubleshooting a Lotus Domino server or Lotus Notes client issue, it may be necessary to run a manual NSD. How can this be accomplished?
1. Open a Windows Command Prompt (Start-->Run-->CMD)
2. Navigate to the Notes/Domino data directory:
3. While in the data directory, enter the location of NSD.exe (Program Directory) and hit Enter:
4. Once NSD has completed, a message will be displayed indicating the location of the file and you will be returned to the data directory:
NSD is run from the data directory because it may not attach to the Domino processes or, if there are partitioned servers, it may attach to the wrong data directory. Additionally, due to the improvements in Windows 2003 SP1, the "-detach" switch is no longer needed.
- To see a list of NSD options and commands, open "nsddoc.html" in the data/help directory.