Error 1926. Could not set file security for file 'config.msi'. Error: 5
During installation of IBM® Rational Rose®, the following message is displayed: "Error 1926. Could not set file security for file 'config.msi'. Error: 5. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file." When the "OK" button is clicked, the installation rolls back. That is, all newly installed CE files are removed from the system.
Resolving the problem
Below are two possible causes of this error:
- This error can occur if the system and user temporary (temp) files are being written to a directory that does not have sufficient free space. To resolve this issue, the environment variables "TEMP" and "TMP" must be configured so that the temporary files are written to a directory with more free space. The environment variables will need to be configured, and the system must be restarted.
- Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System.
- In the System Properties dialog box, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- The other reason that this error occurs is because there are not read and write permissions on the directory. Make sure that the C:\ directory has Everyone Read/Write Permissions.
- Go to Windows Explorer.
- Right click on the C drive and select Properties.
- On the Properties page select the Security tab.
- Make sure everyone is listed with full control.
More support for:
Rational Rose Enterprise
Software version: 2003.06.00, 2003.06.01, 2003.06.12, 2003.06.13, 2003.06.14, 2003.06.15
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1143619
Modified date: 20 September 2005