Integrated Web Application Server for IBM i
The integrated Web application server for IBM i is a lightweight Java application server that contains a Web servlet container that is readily accessible and provides a flexible foundation for developing jsp and servlet-based Java applications.
Preparing for the end of Java 7: How it affects integrated web application server (June 26, 2018)
End of support for Java 7 is scheduled for September 2019. In addition, Liberty - which integrated web application server (IAS) is based on - is set to end support for Java 7 at that time. What does that mean for your current IAS installations?
End of support for Java 7 means you can’t get updates or fixes for Java problems such as security vulnerabilities. Staying on the Java 7 level could leave your applications exposed to future issues. To ensure your applications are running in a supported environment for years to come, we recommend moving to the latest Java supported by Liberty — Java SE 8. You can update the Java version for a server by using the IBM Web Administration GUI for i. Select the server, then click on the Server->Properties link and you will be able to select a Java version from a selection list. If you do not see a suitable version, you will need to install the licensed product that contains the Java version you desire.
Features and benefits
The integrated web application server for IBM i is a composable, dynamic, application server for hosting Java applications during development, test, and production.
- Simple to configure -- The integrated web application server provides an easy to use web administrative GUI front-end that allows you to manage and monitor the server and any deployed applications.
- Small footprint -- The integrated web application server run time loads only what your application needs by using OSGi technology and concepts.
- Support for many Java technologies.
- No up-front costs -- The application server is part of the operating system, so you can get services up and running and show tangible results fast.
- Advanced capabilities -- A comprehensive and proven portfolio of middleware products from the IBM WebSphere family.
- Focus on core capabilities -- Solution providers do not require new skills or tools for the deployment of Java applications to the application server.
Related web sites
More support for:
Version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: T1026865
Modified date: 19 December 2018