IBM i Access - Web
IBM i Access for Web offers browser-based access to IBM i and enables end users to leverage business information, applications, and resources across an enterprise.
ibm i access for web,i access web,ibm i access for mobile
IBM i Access for Web offers browser-based access to IBM i. IBM i Access for Web enables end users to leverage business information, applications, and resources across an enterprise by extending the IBM i resources to the client desktop or a mobile device through a web browser.
IBM i Access for Web...
- is system based; there is no code running on the desktop or mobile device.
- is implemented using Java Servlet technology.
- uses industry standard protocols - HTTP, HTTPS and HTML.
- is lightweight, requiring only a browser.
- runs batch commands, provides access to database, integrated file system, printers, printer output, and messages, and a 5250 interface.
A mobile solution for accessing IBM i is available. Powered by IBM i Access for Web (5770XH2), you can access IBM i resources from any mobile device that supports a browser. Features include the ability to:
- view CPU utilization, page faults, disk utilization, disk pool usage, jobs, and operator messages on a dashboard
- view and manage jobs, messages, output queues, files, printers
- view PTFs and PTF Groups
- view, add, insert and update database records
- build, run, save SQL statements with an SQL wizard
- start one or more 5250 emulation sessions with the ability to reconnect even after a device power down
- extract data from a variety of IBM i resources into a table using optional column selection
- distribute and manage files to other users from a common download location
Get insights and support
Get help today and learn more about product support options.
Explore technical topics and join the community.
The Knowledge Center
Find answers quickly in official IBM product documentation.
More support for:
Version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: T1026808
Modified date: 14 November 2018
Translate this page: