Getting Started with IBM Sametime Limited Use 10
This technote provides the resources you'll need to get started with an IBM Sametime Limited Use 10 on-premises deployment.
What's new in Sametime 10
IBM® Sametime® Limited Use 10 provides enhanced instant messaging (chat) features.
What's new for administrators
- To simplify installation and deployment, the Sametime System Console is no longer used.
- A policy is available to enable the new chat features.
What's new for users
- The primary view has a modern look with alternating chat bubbles and conversation list.
- Chats flow seamlessly across desktop, web, and mobile devices.
- Chat history is available from any device.
- When you're logged on to multiple devices, chats sync across them.
- When you send chat messages to users who are offline, they see the messages immediately when they log back in.
- There is a new, lightweight web client with a modern interface. The new client is available at https://<stproxyserver>/chat.
- Sametime 10 Community Server requirements
- Sametime 10 Proxy Server requirements
- Sametime 10 Connect Client requirements
|CC19KML||IBM Sametime V9.0 Multiplatform Multilingual Quickstart Guide|
|CC19LML||IBM Sametime Connect Client V10.0 Mac Multilingual|
|CC2KSML||IBM Sametime Connect Client V10.0 Windows Multilingual|
|CC19NML||IBM Sametime Community Server V10.0 Windows Multilingual|
|CC19PML||IBM Sametime Proxy Server V10.0 Windows Multilingual|
An IBM.com user ID and password is required to download these files. If you do not have an ID and password, register for one at My IBM registration.
On the Passport Advantage Web site, you can search for specific part numbers. If you are unable to locate a download via your Passport Advantage Portal, please contact Passport Advantage Support at (800) 978-2246 for assistance. Before calling, please make sure to have your customer number ready.