Sign Up For MaaS360 Product Notifications
All notifications about the MaaS360 product, including notifications about releases and maintenance, come from a central IBM system known as My Notifications. The notifications can be set up for delivery via email and/or RSS Feed. The types of notifications received can be customized so that there are never too many or too few, and any MaaS360 admin can keep up to date. Please follow instructions below to subscribe to this tool.
Before you get started with the My Notifications program, you will need an IBMid. If you have an IBMid that was created for MaaS360 portal access, that IBMid should be used for this login. If you do not have one sign up is free. To check your IBMid status or to create one for the first time, please visit: https://www.ibm.com/account/us-en/signup/register.html
To get started, navigate to http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/einfo.html and click on "My Notifications"
In the search tab type MaaS360, and select "Subscribe"
Select the types of notifications you wish to subscribe to, and select "Submit"
**Important Note** Currently MaaS360 is leveraging 3 of the Notification types:
- Flashes - Planned portal maintenance, unplanned system outages (these could be IBM or 3rd party services critical to MaaS360 operation). Frequency - As needed but typically one for the outage, and one for the service restoration.
- News - Links to information about new releases, and critical information about market trends related to MaaS360 Frequency - Generally about 2-3 notifications a quarter
- Webcasts - Scheduling and topic information on MaaS360 Webinars and learning opportunities Frequency - Once a month
Over the coming months, MaaS360 will adopt more of these notifications for items such as Marketing notices, bug fixes, and general FAQ type knowledge. Please follow this page for updates.
Once the notifications have been subscribed to, there are a variety of options available to the subscriber. These options allow the admin to customize how they get notified and to unsubscribe.
- View - This will allow the user to view all the notifications sent out since the start of subscription. Note: Unsubscribing and then re-subscribing to notification types will clear the history.
- RSS/Atom Feed - Presents a pop up window with the links for the various feeds. One link just to follow MaaS360 notifications and one for all subscribed products
- Edit - Add and remove notification types
- Unsubscribe - Remove user from the MaaS360 notification mailing list
Alerts received in the My Notifications tool will not have MaaS360 in either the sender or subject line, rather these will come from IBM as a company, and contain product name and alert info in the body itself, so please be sure that your filters allow for mail from email@example.com
The notifications themselves will contain links in the body that will redirect the user to the notification itself.