IBM offers you the ability to opt-out of:
- The IBM Coremetrics Marketing/Ad Impression Cookie - used to collect information about my viewed marketing and advertising impressions on behalf of the IBM Coremetrics' web site.
- The IBM Coremetrics Site Analytics Cookie - used to collect information about my experience at IBM Coremetrics' web site.
Opt-Out Options. IBM Coremetrics offers two (2) methods by which visitors can opt-out of data collection associated with their online activities is - 1) "Anonymous Visitor" and 2) "Total Opt-Out" (which are both discussed below). For either of these options to take effect, you must first accept a cookie from this site which will allow us to recognize you with a random and unique alphanumeric identifier so that we can honor your opt-out selection. If you do not accept this cookie, or later delete it, we cannot honor your request to opt-out and you will continue to be served cookies.
If you choose to opt-out:
- Verify your browser acceptance settings.
- If you have your browser set to automatically accept cookies, proceed to the step 2.
- If you set your browser to prompt you for permission to receive a cookie, and have not already accepted a IBM Coremetrics cookie, please click "Refresh" and accept the cookie from this page when prompted.
- If you set your browser or cookie-blocking software so as to block cookies, please change these settings then click "Refresh" and accept the cookie from this page when prompted.
- Select one of the opt-out choices available to you and click Submit.
- Once you click "Submit" below, your submission will take effect immediately.
- For the Off-Site/Ad Impression cookie, you only need to make this selection on this site.
- For the Site Analytics cookie, you need to make this selection on each client web site from which you wish to opt out. You will need to follow the applicable instructions as explained on the client web site. For those sites employing IBM Coremetrics opt-out technology, you will need to complete a similar process as detailed here for our web site.
What Happens After You Select Your Opt-Out Option?
Your IBM Coremetrics cookie contains a random and unique alphanumeric identifier. If you select the "Anonymous Visitor" option, at either of this web site or a client web site, then for such web site your cookie will be modified to read "anonymous", meaning that IBM Coremetrics will continue to collect or receive data about your experience at the site you visit. However, such data will be presented as part of a pool of general, anonymous visitors. If you select "Total Opt-Out" at either of this web site or a client web site then for such web site your cookie will be modified to read "opt-out", meaning that no data will be collected about you at that site. IBM Coremetrics will in such cases record that a "Total Opt-Out" election has been made, so that aggregated totals of "Total Opt-Out" elections can be calculated and recorded. Once you make your selection, a dialog box should appear to confirm that your opt-out choice was successful. The opt-out will remain in effect for as long as the cookie remains on your hard drive. If you remove this cookie from your hard drive (for instance, if you reinstall or update your browser or choose to delete all cookies), you will need to renew your opt-out selection.
Remember, if you choose to opt out of the Site Analytics cookie you will need to do so the first time you visit any of our clients' sites which provide opt-out to avoid having your information collected by that site. Further, if you use more than one web browser or computer, you will need to opt-out in each one. Please note that if you upgrade your browser to a new version (including, but not limited to, Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8.0), you may need to opt out again. For your convenience, you can check your current opt-out status for this site at any time as described below.