Interested in the new emerging technologies and trends that the jStart team is following? Here you can learn all that and more...
Building solutions for today's challenges with tomorrow's technology
Many clients require timely solutions to very specific business needs that current products do not deliver. Delivering more than just fast, customized solutions, the IBM jStart Team implements and validates emerging technologies through the team’s engagements. Working with early adopters, those who want to stay ahead of the curve, the team turns ideas into software solutions. This provides clients with an attractive value proposition while allowing IBM to capitalize upon emerging business opportunities through the technologies leveraged by jStart.
"Basically, were a group of innovators. We have people that like to tinker--they're very inquisitive, they like to take things apart and put them back together."
Chief Architect and Manager of jStart's client engagement team
Our "Start Small, Grow Fast" Approach
Closely aligned with the Emerging Technology development process, the jStart engagement approach applies to specific client business needs. When these technologies are barely more than disparate concepts, jStart engages early adopters to refine and validate them. Once jStart proves concept validity, they are adopted by larger entities to become IBM products.
The jStart process begins with:
- Exploratory Workshops at client sites to assess potential value and early adopter advantages. A key element of these workshops is starting with a small, well defined scope so that risk is carefully managed. Next, jStart works with clients through
- Project Definition Workshops to define the requirements of proposed solutions.
- Project Proposals are then drawn up before action towards
- Implementation is taken. Successful execution of the prototype -or-
- Final Deliverable wraps up typically in 30-60 days, and Proof-of-Concept is developed to assess value to business.
on the horizon techs
We have the Expertise You Need
The jStart team understands these technologies. Even better, we understand how businesses can leverage these technologies in a way to enhance productivity, discover new opportunities, and perhaps most pressing, keep a firm lid on costs. It's what the team does day-in and day-out: work with our clients to leverage emerging technologies to solve real world problems that exist today.
All of the technologies on this page have had one or more jStart teams working on them for some time. If you think your business could leverage one of them to address a business need you have, contact the jStart team and see how we can help you utilize emerging technologies to benefit your business.