IBM Z documentation and z/OS Internet Library terms and conditions:Please read before using. By clicking on any of the links to the documentation listed on this page you agree to accept our IBM Z Documentation License Agreement.
- April 2021 (1Q2021) - Refresh of z/OS V2R4 Adobe Indexed PDF Collection (1 GB)
- The IBM z/OS V2R4 Library is refreshed for the new IBM z15 processor and new z/OS offerings such as System Recovery Boost.
- Visit IBM Content Solutions. IBM Content Solutions provide a quick overview of IBM Z offerings and links to materials to get you started quickly.
- IBM Documentation search is improved. Choose either the z/OS V2R3 or z/OS V2R4 libraries. Use the "Scope Scope" is displayed on the search dialog to will help you narrow your search to the element/feature libraries or an individual book.
- LookAt message lookup is back and now works with any product in IBM Documentation. See IBM Z: Look@IBM Documentation
- KC4z plug-ins are available for download through FTP. Visit the new IBM IBM Documentation for z/OS Plug-in Repository. See the Readme for instructions and more information.
z/OS Internet Library
Use the following links to search in IBM Documentation and download individual PDFs
- | V2R4 | V2R3 | V2R2 | V2R1 | - Search IBM IBM Documentation by z/OS Release
- | V2R4 | V2R3 | - Search at the element or book level
- | V2R5* | V2R4 | V2R3 | V2R2 | V2R1 | - Download books in PDF format
- | V2R4 | V2R3 | V2R2 | V2R1 | - Download content for local search using "Knowledge for z/OS", which is an element of z/OS.
*2.5 Announce Disclaimer
All 2.5 announce publications are PDF only drafts and will contain all 2.5 technical content for GA.
IBM z/OS Product Documentation Update Policy
Our documentation update policy can be found here IBM z/OS Product Documentation Update Policy.
IBM Statement on Inclusive Language in IBM Documentation: While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM’s direct influence, for the sake of maintaining user understanding, are sometimes required. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation. For more information see IBM Inclusive IT Language
Adobe Indexed PDF Collections
Adobe Indexed PDF Collections contain all the content in a particular release and provide an excellent method for searching for information offline. In addition to containing all the library PDFs, each collection includes an html page that lists all PDFs by title. Each collection, which is packaged as a Windows .zip file, is equipped with an Adobe Acrobat Catalog to provide a full text search mechanism for all content across the collection. To search the content, download the package, unzip the file, then open the included *.pdx file with Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Note that other PDF readers might work but were not tested.) You might need to accept a security warning and then switch to the Search window. Be sure to check out the advanced search options, too.
- A Redbooks Video Course - z/OS Introduction
- IBM Z Publications Library Archive
- IBM Z Content Solutions
- IBM Z Favorites
- IBM z/OS GitHub Repository (this link will take you outside IBM)
- IBM Z Hot Topics (this link will take you outside IBM)
- IBM Z Redbooks
- IBM Developer: IBM Z
- IBM Literature
- Support related to IBM Z
- BookManager Tools