1. Why should this web site be used to request a meeting? Can’t I just contact the executive’s office directly?
A: The web site allows us to capture all meeting requests which then flow into a database (db) that shows when execs are free for meetings with clients/BPs. We have assigned schedulers in the db to handle meeting requests. The process is used for many IBM conferences and allows for the most efficient way to handle executive one-on-one meeting scheduling. Please do not request meetings via the executive or executive’s office directly. These requests will not be scheduled.
2. What are the dates and hours the Executive Meeting Center will be opened?
Tuesday, 2/12 – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday, 2/13 – 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 2/14 - 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, 2/15 - 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
3. Will there be an Executive Meeting Center at Think and PartnerWorld at Think?
No, there will be only one Executive Meeting Center for both events located in Moscone North, Hall F.
4. Can PartnerWorld at Think meetings be requested on this web site?
Yes, there is only one web site to request meetings for both Think and PartnerWorld at Think.
5. How long is each meeting?
A: Meetings will be scheduled for 30 or 45 minutes.
6. What if I want to meet for more than 30 or 45 minutes?
A: One-on-one meetings are 30 or 45 minutes. After each meeting, another group will be using the room for a different meeting. If you wish to continue your meeting, you may find a quiet area to continue your discussions. Please note that the executive may have another one-on-one meeting that he/she needs to attend and may not be able to continue the discussion.
7. What if the executive I want to meet with isn’t on the web site list?
A: You will need to make arrangements with that executive to meet outside the Executive Meeting Center. Contact that executive's office directly to arrange the meeting. Do not submit a meeting request for an executive who is not listed on the one-on-one web site.
8. What happens after my meeting request is submitted?
A: The executive one-on-one meeting team reviews the request for completeness. The request is then assigned to one of the schedulers to handle. The scheduler will do his/her best to accommodate the date and time you request against the open times provided by the executive. When the meeting is scheduled, you will receive an email indicating the date, time and location of your meeting. Be sure to share this info with the client/BP and other IBMers so they will have the meeting details.
9. When will the meeting get scheduled?
A: Please allow one week. As we get closer to the conference, we receive hundreds of requests and the scheduling team is very busy. Please be patient. We will do our best to schedule your meeting as soon as possible.
10. What if the executive is not able to meet with the client/BP at the time and day I request?
A: We will do our best to schedule the meeting as close to the day and time you select. An alternate day and time will be chosen if your original date is not available. You may contact the scheduler who sent you the confirmation email if you have any issue with the scheduled date/time.
11. What if the executive I selected is not available to meet with my client/BP?
A: The alternate executive you chose on the web site request will be substituted.
12. Will the executive be briefed on my meeting? Do I need to contact him/her directly?
A: The executive will receive the info that you input into the web site meeting request form as part of his/her briefing materials, please ensure this info is complete. There is no need to contact the executive directly.
13. What if I need to reschedule the meeting?
A: Send an email to the scheduler who sent you the confirmation email. Please note that executives are very busy during the conference. Please make every effort to attend at the originally scheduled time. We’ll do our best to accommodate a reschedule.
14. I’d like to have an internal meeting with IBMers and the executive only. Can I use the Executive Meeting Center?
A: No, the Executive Meeting Center is for meetings between IBM executives and clients/BPs.
15. What if I want multiple executives in the same meeting?
A: It is very difficult to coordinate multiple executive schedules with the many demands of the conference. However, if three or more executives are required in one meeting, you should note this in the comments section of the meeting request. We will do our best to accommodate but there are no guarantees.
16. Where is the Executive Meeting Center located?
A: The Executive Meeting Center is located in Moscone North, Hall F. The Executive Meeting Center check-in desk is located inside Hall F.
17. Are there phones or LCD projectors in the meeting rooms?
A: No. If you require these, you will need to host your own meeting and make your own arrangements outside of the Executive Meeting Center.
18. What if I want to have a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting?
A: The Executive Meeting Center web site is for scheduling 30 and 45 minute meetings. If you want to have a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting outside of the Executive Meeting Center, please make a note in the comments section that this meeting is requested as a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting outside of the Executive Meeting Center and the scheduler will try to schedule accordingly.
19. Does the Executive Meeting Center provide food and beverage?
A: Light continental breakfast, lunch and beverages will be offered in the Executive Meeting Center.
20. What is the criteria for requesting an executive meeting?
- Client or BP is enrolled into either Think or PartnerWorld at Think conferences
- Briefing information is complete
- Valid open SalesConnect opportunity (for clients only)
- Client name and email address you are requesting in this meeting must be listed in the SalesConnect opportunity
- Opportunity forecast to close in 2019
- Business Partner and IBM Champions meeting requests, enter 9-999999 as the SalesConnect opportunity number
21. How many people can each room accommodate?
A: There are three room sizes. The room sizes can accommodate 2-5, 6-10 or 11-16 people.
22. Can I request a meeting on site?
A: Yes, laptops will be set up to accept new meeting requests on site beginning Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Be advised that many executive calendars will be full at that point and we may not be able to schedule your meeting. Use the web site to request your meetings as early as possible.
23. I already submitted my meeting request and I need to add some info to it. What do I do?
A: If the meeting has not been scheduled, go back to the one-on-one web site and click on the “My Meetings” tab/link. You can then edit the form. If the meeting has already been scheduled, please send an email to the scheduler who confirmed the meeting or contact email@example.com with the appropriate updates.
24. When does the one-on-one web site close?
A: You can request a meeting through the online form until Tuesday, February 5, 2019. However, you can also come on site to the Executive Meeting Center and request a meeting from Tuesday, February 12 to Thursday, February 14. We recommend you request a meeting as soon as possible as most executive calendars fill up early.
25. Can I create a new meeting request from an existing meeting request?
A: You can create a new meeting request from an existing meeting request by clicking the tab/link "My Meetings". Identify the meeting request you want to copy and then click the link "Copy Meeting" next to the meeting request.