IBM will highlight demonstration areas that align with our clients’ key business imperatives, IBM Research, Pure Systems and MobileFirst.
UNLOCK YOUR NETWORK’S POTENTIAL
to optimize and monetize next generation networks. These solutions explore how CSPs can transform their networks to reduce costs and enable network monetization. IBM will demonstrate how we integrate software, services and technology with a partner ecosystem to improve the fabric of the network, dramatically increase its operational efficiency, and drive new value. Learn how IBM transforms networks by enabling network virtualization, improving active and passive network operations with network analytics, and leverages IT in the network to unlock new opportunities.
- Creating Intelligent Network Operations
- Big Data and Analytics for the Network
It shows how we integrate network, customer and endpoint information in a Big Data & Analytics Platform to drive more efficient and effective network operations.
The demos will show how The Now Factory - along with other elements of this platform - use sophisticated data models, critical device information, and RF (Radio Frequency) and RAN (Radio Access Network) data, along with our partner ecosystem to provide comprehensive intelligence for use across network operations and to enable new monetization opportunities.
In one demo scenario we will use the number of impacted customers as an alarm-handling prioritization factor. We will show how insight generated by TNF can be used to enrich alarms in the NOC so that they can be prioritized.
Using (SCAPI) Smart Cloud Analytics, we show how to alert operations when a customer’s experience is unusual, without burdening the operator with configuring what is unusual. Aggregated KPIs will be fed from TNF to SCAPI. When SCAPI detects anomalies it will raise alarms in the NOC.
- Service Assurance for LTE
Provide comprehensive 4G/LTE network management seamlessly integrated into 2/3G management to provide an end to end view as well as a customer service perspective.
Integrate network management to drive network re-engineering to allow for performance management real time for events and network changes
- Intelligent Site Operations
Intelligent Site Operations leverages asset, service, and real estate management capabilities together with analytics to manage the cost and operations of important facilities from cell sites and data centers to central offices and other facilities.
- Building an Intelligent Infrastructure
- Software Defined Environment (SDE) for Virtual CPE and Virtual Mobile Core
Shows two scenarios to demonstrate the features of Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV). Both use cases are based on Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) from partners running on a PureFlex virtualized platform
- A SDN - controlled by the Juniper Contrail SDN controller
- Automated provisioning of virtual networks and functions through Smart Cloud Orchestrator (SCO) workflows
The demonstration covers the roll out of a virtual CPE environment using Juniper vSRX as firewall and NAT service and shows how new CPE services can be quickly enabled at a reduced cost of build out and operations
As a mobile scenario we will show deployment of a virtual Evolved Packet Core (EPC) based on the Connectem VCM - as well as automated deployment of EPC virtual test drivers using NG4T.
- Extending SDE for Telecom (CNCP)
IBM Research technology for enabling containers for network appliances that have high availability and elasticity or resources.
- Virtual Video (IBM Video Grid)
Demonstration of IBM Video Grid as an example of enabling a video distribution application.
WIN WITH SERVICE INNOVATION
by generating new revenue rapidly and increasing differentiation. Use new approaches to expand service portfolios by leveraging the cloud and tapping into development coming from inside and outside the company. Move beyond commoditization by incorporating new applications for industries such as IT, utilities, transportation, healthcare, banking and retail as well as government entities, into profitable new service offerings that position the service provider centrally in the value chain. Visit us to see IBM’s vertical industry solutions built on IBM M2M, cloud and enterprise mobility technologies. Discuss how to create, integrate, launch and manage new revenue-generating services that will diversify your portfolio.
- Developer Tools and Ecosystems
Create, manage and leverage agile mobile applications across diverse platforms with confidence.
Use IBM's Mobile Enterprise solutions to transform service provider operations, drive innovation, and establish enterprise market leadership. Accelerate the response to internal mobile requirements and/or launch revenue-generating services that enable an enterprise customer’s IT systems to flexibly incorporate mobile devices and services.
- Scalable Connectivity for the Internet of Things
Implement massively scalable, open connectivity solutions to capture opportunities emerging from the Internet of Things.
Position the service provider solidly in the emerging M2M value chain. Stickier and more profitable than traditional communications services, machine-to-machine services can provide important new revenue streams and allow a service provider to provide applications that complement connectivity to form value-added solutions for consumers, enterprises and government.
Learn how an advanced remote dashboard working on either an Android or iOS can enable vehicle diagnostics, automated emission monitoring, speeding and servicing alerts, and event simulation.
- Connected Vehicles in Smarter Cities
Launch new services for improved safety with Car to Car exchanges that reduce accident events and minimize their severity.
Deliver predictive analytics to help cities improve mobility for drivers and reduce cities’ carbon footprints with detection, communication, resolution and prevention of traffic congestion.
- SmartCloud for Service Providers
Understand the impact of a market leading cloud marketplace from IBM partner Parallels in terms of accelerating cloud services delivery, simplifying portfolio management and providing a superior customer purchase and administration experience
Explore how IBM’s SoftLayer portfolio can be syndicated (in white labeled or branded formats) to allow a service provider to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of IaaS for both commodity and premium applications.
Use IBM’s SmartCloud Orchestrator to deploy and manage workloads across multiple Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms to balance application performance and cost and meet location-specific deployment requirements
- Microcloud at the Network Edge
Place cloud platforms at the edge of the network to distribute processing-intensive applications and reduce the cost of backhauling bandwidth-intensive data.
See applications like Video Analytics and Geofencing placed into the Radio Access Network to enhance their performance and reduce their cost, giving communications service providers an advantage vis-à-vis Over-The-Top application providers.
- Smarter Cities with AT&T
Leverage de-personalized location data for event planning and management, traffic management and more.
Learn how the unique information owned by a service provider enhances the traditional view of demographics to help predict and influence consumer behavior.
PERSONALIZE CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENTS
to maximize value with a compelling marketing, shopping, and service experience. This solution area explores how service providers can quickly and effectively monetize new services and products and tailor offers to the unique needs of their clients. Using analytics and a 360˚ view of the customer to target bundles, discounts and location driven offers, CSPs can intelligently leverage opportunities to personalize the customer engagement across all channels.
- 4G Customer Acquisition (Intelligent Advisor)
Monetize opportunities with intelligent campaigns and customer value optimization
Learn how analytics applied to external and internal data from social media, customer information, real-time geo localization, and mobile usage analytics helps CSPs or retailers detect and identify potential customers and deliver personalized offers over different channels from Twitter and the web to SMS and wallet. Marketing insights gleaned from data sharing between telecom and retail data extend the reach and probability of success for personalized marketing campaigns.
- Service Manager, Market Manager, and Network Analyzer Dashboards – The Now Factory
The Now Factory’s Silicon Based Analytics technology allows them to analyze subscriber experience & usage on the data heavy 4G LTE networks identifying the apps being used, the experience of the customer while using them & the factors influencing that experience. Silicon based analytics term refers to tapping directly into core IP network and processing data on the hardware for rapid processing and insights.
- Mobile Couponing
Monetize data by integrating Telco data with other data and use analytics to provide relevant services.
Data from various sources is used to create a 360 degree profile of the customer. As real time location data comes in, further analytics occurs to segment the possible customer list to a smaller target list. The target list is sent to the campaign management system which then further segments the target list and then sends it to various end channels. Feedback is obtained from these channels to determine how successful the campaign was and the models are further refined. The CSP can implement this scenario to run their own campaigns or offer this as a service to run the campaigns of other companies. The latter enables the CSP to monetize its data.
- Advanced Mobile Network & Device Diagnostics (AAP with Carrier IQ)
Gain new insights into the customer experience with real time information from the network
Combining high velocity and high volume in formation from the network with device-sourced metrics allow you to more clearly understand the customer experience. This new and continuous insight enables actions resulting in improved operational efficiency and new forms of data monetization with new campaigns, fewer interactions with the call center, and unnecessary device returns.
- Digital Customer Journey
Implement full mobile & social interaction to Increase customer loyalty and advocacy.
Learn how to improve customer loyalty and advocacy and increase the efficiency of customer support through mobile and social interactions between the customer and customer support representative. Creating a digital experience that supports the entire lifecycle including: customer acquisition, order management, offering optimization, connection restoration, and relationship management.
BECOME A DIGITAL SERVICE PROVIDER (prior Transform Operations)
to optimize business and achieve service excellence. Service providers demand agile and flexible processes that enable exploitation of new business models for rapid introduction of new services. In this solution area, explore how IBM delivers world-class innovation that can substantially transform daily operations by accelerating process automation, and increasing network performance and service quality. Discover the difference delivered by IBM solutions from order management to security operations.
- Catalog-Driven Order Management
Deliver integrated, catalog-driven order management and business processes
Integrated, catalog-driven order management and business processes enable the rapid introduction of new revenue-generating services. Learn how this TM Forum Frameworx Certified Solution encompasses all offerings to deliver a unified order management process from order entry through customer fulfillment. Can be integrated with an app for order entry.
- Integrated Network and Performance Management
Assure network service across all domains with a single solution
Lean how to manage end-to-end service availability across multi-vendor, multi-technology and multi-domain networks including operations center troubleshooting and RCA, mobile backhaul capacity management, and tracking and reporting of the backhaul service performance.
- Transform the Customer Experience with Watson Engagement Advisor
Leverage the cognitive capabilities of IBM Watson to automate customer self service interaction.
Given the challenges in this industry, our clients look to IBM for innovative ideas and solutions that can help transform their business. Drawing on a wide range of topics, from big data and the systems designed to handle volumes of information to microelectronics breakthroughs and the very latest from IBM’s well-known Research organization, these are must-see demonstrations.
- Hyper-Local Target Advertising
As part of a First Of A Kind initiative with IBM/Etisalat, we will demonstrate an Enhanced Customer Profile Hub, using IPTV and Mobile behaviors, which depict new customer attributes which are extremely valuable to advertisers.
Monetizing the CSP’s new insights requires connecting with the entire Advertising eco-system, and then executing real-time, location-based Target Advertising.
Extend social media analytics with communities and visualization
From a business perspective analyzing communities can provide many useful insights including the discovery of focused business segments for targeting and promotion, to the discovery of new micro markets for opportunity and lead generation, and the exposure of core community members and opinion shapers that can push the brands agenda.
- Multichannel Marketing Measurement Platform (M3P)
Measure marketing effectiveness to optimize business decisions and investments
M3P leverages social media for marketing effectiveness measurement and introduces several families of marketing response KPIs as obtained by online chatter and user consumer behavior analysis. The KPIs aim at measuring the brand’s efforts in generating awareness, engagement, and influence among the target audience, helping to indicate the success of such efforts with respect to campaign, channel or segment.
BUILD IT WITH IBM PURESYSTEMS
Engage with the systems and technology team to learn the very latest on our expert integrated systems –PureSystems – that combine the flexibility of a general purpose system, the elasticity of cloud, and the simplicity of an appliance tuned to the workload. Learn how IBM PureFlex for infrastructure, PureApplication for an application platform, and PureData for a data platform are changing the economics of IT and network infrastructure. (See next page for deeper view into PureSystems)
- IBM PureSystems in Telco
- Cloud-Based Network
- Carrier-Grade Systems
- Big Data and Analytics
- Software Defined Environments
- Hybrid Computing for OSS/BSS
- IBM PureApplications System
- Build a Robust Enterprise Cloud
- Turn Cloud Into a Growth Engine
BUILD A MOBILE ENTERPRISE AGENDA
with IBM MobileFirst, fundamentally changing and creating new value for customer, supplier and employee interaction. This solution area will highlight mobile capabilities relevant to telecom, banking, retail, insurance, healthcare, government, automotive and transportation attendees. IBM MobileFirst will also highlight specific software and services capabilities that enable organizations to effectively build and deploy mobile applications, institute an IT infrastructure optimized for mobile, create exceptional customer experiences, and launch a 'mobile first' business transformation.
- Augmented Reality Shopping Advisor solution leverages image recognition and augmented reality to interact with the customers at a telecom or electronics retail store. The app will show product features, compare specifications and use customizable filters for highlighting the key products a customer is looking for. Built using HTML5 with IBM Worklight platform.
- Tablet for Sales Agents (CRM Tablet App) dashboard enables telecom agents to serve customers better by putting the key information into the hands of the agents. The dashboard also provides a single view of the customer's products. The app can be fully personalized with interactive widgets that highlight the customer's account and profile details making the customer encounters more efficient and providing a personalized customer experience.
- Telco Shop Tablet App that enables customers to upgrade their existing mobile agreement payment plans by choosing a new smartphone and a new tariff. The APP includes the contract signing as well as tariff activation. Once the upgrade is confirmed, the app will ask the consumer whether they want to collect the smartphone in the store, in another nearby store or if they prefer a home delivery. Powered by IBM Worklight platform.
- Mobile Banking for SME is a tablet app for small & medium enterprises (SMEs), with business functions including financial management (cash flow analysis and management), customer relationship management (customer on-boarding, project estimate, location, and payment), document management (digital vault), SME community, offers from suppliers and bank, and more.
- Wealth Management is a tablet app for financial advisors to effectively interact with clients, with business functions including portfolio overview, what can I do better, what are others doing, what else can I do, and client presentation.
- Mobile Banking for Retail Customers (Natural Language Banking) is a mobile industry solution prototype for retail banking with innovative business functions such as a natural language assistant supporting complex account search, transactions, and navigations; authentication using voice biometrics; mobile marketing with Passbook integration; “Speed Cash” – cardless ATM cash withdrawal; and more. Powered by IBM Worklight and Nuance.
- Retail Bank Starter App· enables clients to respond to the latest innovative banking solutions. Intelligent alerts, financial goal setting, and advanced transaction functionality help banks meet growing account holder demand for mobile banking services.
- Augmented Reality Shopping Advisor Grocery Augmented Reality for In-Store Offers (ARISTO) is a mobile solution for shoppers and/or store associates that leverages augmented reality to show product features, compare specifications and customize filters based on shopping preferences. It provides real-time offers, ranking and product information, helping customers select the most suitable products based on their personal preferences and needs. It also can help to empower store associates with real-time actionable information in the aisle.
- Worklight Outdoors tablet e-commerce asset exploits full advantages of mobility while consumers are in-store or away from store. Provides consumers with rich and contextual features to enhance the shopping experience by combining product info based on item scanning, geo-location, advanced social features and complete e-commerce shopping cycle.
- Presence Zones is an intelligent location based technology that helps identify and analyze consumers when they are near or in a store location. Companies can leverage this insight to completely transform the shopping experience by delivering a unified customer experience across all channels, engaging shoppers in real-time with contextually relevant interactions (offers, related product information, etc.) and helps optimize store operations. Learn how you can get the same in-depth insight about physical on-site customers you do across digital channels.
- In Store Associate Support Starter App integrates the online and in-store user experience into a mobile portfolio, allowing clients to rationalize customer data and optimize market analysis. Customized shopper profiles and item locator functionality increase the merchant’s visibility into customer behaviors and store operations.
- Next Generation Mobile Insurance Experience is an industry solution prototype for insurance with innovative business functions addressing customer needs like geo-located accident reporting, claims follow-up and dynamic contextual notifications. The demo shows advanced functionality of mobile insurance, like augmented reality and is also a good example of a rich, powerful hybrid development app.
- Claims Adjuster Mobile app running on iPad for claim adjusters to handle claims efficiently. The capabilities in the demo include: calendar (for appointments with claimants), contacts, locations of claimants, claims (first notice of loss, investigation, and payment), and policy (details, endorsement, limits). These capabilities leverage features of mobile devices such as geo-location, audio, and photo and video using camera. The demo is implemented using IBM Worklight, with user experience designed by IBM Interactive (Cambridge).
- Social Insurance: The social insurance proposition offers a family of applications to aid the consumer in carrying out insurance related tasks and shows a possible future direction for the insurance industry to follow. Several scenarios are depicted, from community insurance, where consumers are encouraged to form communities who effectively insure each other; to holistic insurance, where estimated car insurance quotes are generated from a mobile device in real-time.
- Policy Holder Care Starter App · delivers smarter insurance services to improve productivity and capture new market segments. Interactive functionality such as claim status tracking, mobile communications, and step-by-step incident reporting instructions accelerate claims processing and drive customer satisfaction.
- M-Health Chronic Illnesses Patient Monitoring (CIPM) · is an integrated demo to show m-Health benefits when applied to specific and costly patient monitoring cases. Full-case covered includes chronic illnesses (i.e. Cancer, AIDS) patient monitoring where the mobile app allows patients to take control of their treatment with the help of the smartphone. It also allows doctor appointment management and medication plan control. This is an HTML5 hybrid based application powered by IBM Worklight.
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital app is designed to familiarize and enthuse children about the hospital before they even arrive. It has a friendly interface to enhance and personalize their time spent there. This two-sided app allows children to feel familiar and comfortable in the hospital environment by using gaming elements, while providing parents a reliable source of information and communication with doctors.
- Coordinated Care Starter App addresses a new era of customized and data-rich healthcare. With access to case coordination and patient data analysis functionality, extended healthcare teams and patients can share information, access data more quickly, and improve outcomes while reducing costs.
- Intelligent Center Operator demo scenario is based on an unplanned water main rupture near the busy Madison Square Garden area in New York City, and how such an event could cause a series of cascading events that impact several city agencies and thus would necessitate a coordinated response from the city. Resolution would certainly require communication and collaboration across many city agencies and departments including the water department, transportation (bus and roads departments), public safety, and buildings.
- Citizen Collaboration demo delivers non-emergency reporting to local governments that enable citizens to report, monitor, and receive notifications about non-emergency matters. The IBM Intelligent Operations Center for Citizen Collaboration application is designed to improve communication between cities and their citizens about non-emergency city matters.
- Car Remote Demo See how real time messaging, a streamlined cloud infrastructure and an open mobile platform can transform the vehicle experience. This demonstration shows how IBM technologies can significantly improve the response time for sending and receiving messages across devices, such as from a smartphone to the vehicle headunit. See how a consumer can adjust climate controls, start/stop the engine, and unlock the doors in real time from a smartphone.
- Mobile and Social Driver Services Leveraging the power of mobile devices, analytics and cloud technologies the demo shows information on the driving style and behavior of the end user compared to a peer group. Based on location, acceleration and speed of the end user a score is calculated showing the users risk compared to the group. This metric could be used for risk-based insurance pricing.
- TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION
- Context Aware Airline showcases IBM travel offerings in a context aware application bringing to life the concept of detect, decide and act, by leveraging contextual capabilities, and thus delivering a new kind of travel experience.
- Customer Experience Management showcases IBM travel services and solutions capabilities to manage the customer experience before, during and after the trip. This demo showcases five travel scenarios from both customer & employee perspectives: Repeat business, service recovery, targeted campaign, lost bag, anonymous customer.
- MQTT Messaging Applianceis a comprehensive Smarter City command & control system to provide mobility based alerts in case of emergency, accidents and rain. The solution leverages MQTT as protocol, allowing instant messages can be sent to nearby drivers and vehicles alerting them from accidents or rain. Using the onboard telemetry systems of the vehicle each vehicle that triggers an alert like airbag sensors deployed notifies the Messaging appliance about an accident that is then immediately pushed to all surrounding vehicles.