Research Director, Stryve Advisors
Bob has held innovation leadership positions with The Concours Group, CSC Index and General Electric Information Services Company. He is currently Research Director at Stryve Advisors. He has also been a commentator on workforce issues on Nightly Business Report on PBS.
Bob has been leading breakthrough research at the intersection of business, technology, and human asset management for more than 20 years. He has worked with over 300 major organizations and written or edited more than 150 research reports and management guides on topics ranging from workforce management and business innovation to business process reengineering, collaborative business models, and business analytics. His work combines insight, innovation, and pragmatic attention to how organizations work and change.
An engaging speaker and discussion leader, Bob’s talks are always interactive, thought-provoking, action-oriented, witty – and focused on the ways in which organizations can grow, innovate, collaborate and maximize employee engagement.
An award-winning author, his books and publications include:
· Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results, coauthored with Tom Davenport and Jeanne Harris, 2010
· Six Questions Executive Teams Should Be Asking About Their Information Systems, Stryve Advisors Management Guide
· Making Collaboration Work, Stryve Advisors
· Teaming Up to Crack Innovation and Enterprise Integration (with James Cash and Michael Earl), Harvard Business Review, 2008.
· Workforce Crisis: How to Beat the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent (with Ken Dychtwald and Tamara Erickson), Harvard Business Press, 2006.
· It’s Time to Retire Retirement, coauthored with Ken Dychtwald and Tamara Erickson, Harvard Business Review, 2004. Winner of the McKinsey Award as best HBR article of 2004.
Bob holds an A.B. from Dartmouth College and an M.A. from Boston University.
Vice President, Group Director, Sales Effectiveness & Strategy
Peter Ostrow has been focused on sales and marketing best practices for 25 years, beginning with a long-time stint at advertising firm JWG Associates. As JWG’s third employee, he participated in every aspect of the company’s sales growth, from $1M to $135M, until its acquisition by Monster Worldwide’s TMP AdComms division. At TMP, Ostrow deployed additional CRM, pipeline management, lead generation and competitive intelligence practices as VP, Global Sales Administration. He then spent five years as VP, Business Development with MarketOne International, a global provider of lead lifecycle management services to technology sales and marketing executives.
At Aberdeen, Peter oversees research consumed by end-users in Marketing, Sales and Service management roles. He also leads the Sales Effectiveness practice, covering the technology, service and consulting enablers that enterprise sales forces deploy to become best-in-class organizations. His research is widely publicized and covers topics such as sales training, sales intelligence, CRM/SFA, sales performance management and integrating technologies around customer acquisition and retention.