Bob has held innovation leadership positions with The Concours Group, CSC Index and General Electric Information Services Company. He is currently Research Director at Stryve Advisors. He has also been a commentator on workforce issues on Nightly Business Report on PBS.
Bob has been leading breakthrough research at the intersection of business, technology, and human asset management for more than 20 years. He has worked with over 300 major organizations and written or edited more than 150 research reports and management guides on topics ranging from workforce management and business innovation to business process reengineering, collaborative business models, and business analytics. His work combines insight, innovation, and pragmatic attention to how organizations work and change.
An engaging speaker and discussion leader, Bob’s talks are always interactive, thought-provoking, action-oriented, witty – and focused on the ways in which organizations can grow, innovate, collaborate and maximize employee engagement.
An award-winning author, his books and publications include:
· Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results, coauthored with Tom Davenport and Jeanne Harris, 2010
· Six Questions Executive Teams Should Be Asking About Their Information Systems, Stryve Advisors Management Guide
· Making Collaboration Work, Stryve Advisors
· Teaming Up to Crack Innovation and Enterprise Integration (with James Cash and Michael Earl), Harvard Business Review, 2008.
· Workforce Crisis: How to Beat the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent (with Ken Dychtwald and Tamara Erickson), Harvard Business Press, 2006.
· It’s Time to Retire Retirement, coauthored with Ken Dychtwald and Tamara Erickson, Harvard Business Review, 2004. Winner of the McKinsey Award as best HBR article of 2004.
Bob holds an A.B. from Dartmouth College and an M.A. from Boston University.
Harriet Fryman is Director of Market Strategy for IBM Business Analytics focused on the predictive and business intelligence portfolio.
This includes global product marketing responsibility for the Cognos and SPSS software for dashboards, reporting, and analysis as well
as predictive and decision management software.
In addition, her portfolio includes synergies across IBM with System z, PureSystems, Information management as well as analytics
solutions focused on marketing and operations.