What is IBM Electronic Support?
A portfolio of tools and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
IBM electronic support can help you:
IBM Electronic Support: Voted one of "Ten Best Web Support Sites" this year. Read more.
Complete, customized support.
Getting started with IBM Support
Before using the IBM online support tools or calling for support, follow these steps to get set up.
Register for support
- Create your IBM ID and Password.
- Your IBM ID is your single point of access to many IBM web applications, including the IBM Support Portal, My notifications, Fix Central, Service Request, and IBMLink.
- Use your company email address as your IBM ID.
- Complete the Support registration process to use online support resources, including Service Request (SR) and Fix Central.
- Follow the steps in the Support Registration Quickstart Guide.
- Your Site Technical Contact grants access to the SR tool.
- Gather the information you need for the registration process:
- Your software Support Agreement
- Your IBM Customer Number
- For Software, the product and version number
- For Hardware, the Machine Type and Serial Number
- Review the IBM Support Handbook for detailed information about getting support for your IBM products.
- If you need to download the full version of your software, request assistance from your Primary Contact who controls software downloads for your site through the IBM software agreement and Passport Advantage Online.
Find support information
- Search IBM Support Portal for technical information, including flashes and alerts, technotes, known problems and resolutions, updates and fixes, compatibility, diagnostic tools and more.
- Find fixes and updates from Fix Central.
- Subscribe to automatic e-mail notifications to stay informed about new and updated content. Visit My notifications to set up your preferences.
Submit a service request
- Collect the following information:
- IBM Customer Numbers
- Product name and version
- Machine type and serial number
- Unique contracts
- Gather diagnostic data
- Submit your problem online:
See the Work with Support tab to learn more about online tools available to help resolve issues while working with IBM Support.
Learn more about IBM eSupport
Translate my page