IBM WebSphere Liberty z/OS Connect
WebSphere Liberty z/OS Connect is software that enables z/OS systems such as CICS and IMS to better and more easily participate in today's Mobile computing environment. It runs inside Liberty Profile for z/OS and provides an interface between mobile and cloud devices and backend systems. It provides RESTful APIs and accepts JSON payloads, and communicates with backend systems for data and transactions.
- Built on Liberty Profile for z/OS, which means it is lightweight and dynamic. It runs as a z/OS Started Task, which means it can run within your current operational procedures and routines.
- Provides a RESTful API interface and accepts JSON data payloads.
- Configurable so you control what backend programs or applications are exposed and accessible.
- Provides a discovery function so application developers may query for a list of configured services as well as query for details on the services.
- Capable of performing data conversion from JSON to the data format required by the backend configured service.
- Optional authorization checking using SAF to allow or deny users access to z/OS Connect services.
- Optional activity recording using SMF to track requests by date and time, bytes sent and received, response time, and CPU used.
Technical Executive Two-Page Brochure
z/OS Connect Presentation
The following presentation provides a more technically detailed look at z/OS Connect. It is provided in two files -- one has just the presentation charts; the other has the charts plus speaker notes.
WP102439 - CHARTS - zOS Connect Presentation.pdf
WP102439 - NOTES - zOS Connect Presentation.pdf
Quick Start Guide and Supporting Files
The following document provides a step-by-step set of instructions for installing, configuring and validating the operations of z/OS Connect:
WP102439 - WAS zOS Connect Quick Start Guide.pdf
The following ZIP file contains files referenced in the Quick Start Guide:
The following document provides a set of scenarios and examples for configuring the z/OS Connect interceptors:
WP102439 - WAS zOS Connect Interceptor Scenarios.pdf
Introduction and Overview
A short (8.5 minute) high-level video introduction to z/OS Connect can be found here:
Video Source Files
Other Information :
|Category :||Product Positioning|
|Organization :||Advanced Technical Sales|
Techdocs Technical Support Information