Installing the client components for MQ MFT 9.0 in Windows
The objective of this techdoc is to show all the steps to install the “client” components for MQ MFT 9.0 on Windows. In addition, the Windows Client and related non-server components will be installed.
The MQ components that will be INSTALLED are:
- MQ Managed File Transfer (MFT) Agent
- MQ Managed File Transfer (MFT) Tools
- MQ Windows Client
- MQ Explorer
- MQ Java and .NET Messaging and Web Services
- MQ Development Toolkit
The MQ components that will NOT be installed are:
- MQ Server
- MQ Telemetry Service
- MQ AMQP Service
- MQ Advanced Message Security (AMS)
- MQ Managed File Transfer (MFT) Service
- MQ Managed File Transfer (MFT) Logger
+ Which installation image to download?
The “MQ Client” downloads from IBM Fix Central do NOT include any of the MFT components. Thus, if you want to install MFT, you CANNOT use the “MQ Client” (such as SupportPac MQC9).
Instead you need to download the MQ Server from IBM Passport Advantage. This installation image includes all components (MFT and Client among them).
File: Installing the client components for MQ MFT 9.0 in Windows.pdf
Translate this page: