Interim Fix 01 - For QRadar 7.1 Maintenance Release 2 Patch 6 (126.96.36.1999045)
Installation instructions for Interim Fix 01 of IBM Security QRadar 7.1 Maintenance Release 2 Patch 6 (188.8.131.529045).
Interim fixes are intended to resolve specific APAR issues in the latest version of QRadar. If your deployment is installed with IBM Security QRadar 7.1 Maintenance Release 2 Patch 6 (184.108.40.2069045) then this interim fix can be applied to your system.
Special Note: This Interim Fix should only be installed on Primary console in your deployment.
|Number||Description||Originally fixed in|
|IV61058||APACHE STRUTS 1.X ZERO DAY VULNERABILITY CVE-2014-0114||IF01|
Before you begin
Ensure that you take the following precautions:
- Back up your data before you begin any software upgrade. For more information about backup and recovery, see the IBM Security QRadar Administration Guide.
- To avoid access errors in your log file, close all open QRadar sessions.
- The interim fix for QRadar cannot install on a managed host that is at a different software version from the Console. All appliances in the deployment must be at the same software revision to patch the entire deployment.
- Verify that all changes are deployed on your appliances.
- The patch cannot install on appliances that have changes that are not deployed.
About this task
Interim fixes are software updates intended to fix a small number of known software issues in your QRadar deployment. The interim fix restarts services, which halts event and flow collection in your deployment until the installation completes.
- Download interim fix 220.127.116.119045_IF01.sh.gz from the IBM Fix Central website: https://ibm.biz/BdRUtK (IBM shortened URL)
- Using SSH, log in to your system as the root user.
- Copy the interim fix to the /tmp directory on the QRadar Console.
Note: If space in the /tmp directory is limited, copy the interim fix to another location that has sufficient space.
- To uncompress the script type the following command: gunzip 18.104.22.1689045_IF01.sh.gz
- To ensure proper execution type the following command: chmod +x 22.214.171.1249045_IF01.sh
- To run the patch installer type the following command in the directory where the patch was uncompressed and answer the prompts: ./126.96.36.1999045_IF01.sh
For specific questions or concerns about updating your system, contact IBM support or post a question in the QRadar forum on IBM developerWorks: https://ibm.biz/BdR2kC
More support for:
IBM Security QRadar SIEM
Software version: 7.1
Operating system(s): Linux
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 7042185
Modified date: 07 June 2014
Translate this page: