IBM Customer Experience Suite Version 184.108.40.206 Rich Media Edition Quick Start Guide
This guide gets you started with a typical installation of Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition.
Rich Media Edition combines a powerful web delivery environment with robust digital asset management (DAM) capabilities, enabling businesses to publish persuasive content for their customers. Rich Media Edition provides several benefits:
- Differentiate and manage your digital brand consistently across channels.
- Seamlessly incorporate rich media assets into web and mobile web experiences.
- Maximize the impact of rich media with centralized management, search, and comprehensive editing support for images, video, and more.
Step 1: Access the software and documentation
Product software can be accessed from DVD, live repository, or e-image, both available from Passport Advantage®. If you download your product from Passport Advantage, follow the directions in the download document at http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Getting_the_Rich_Media_Edition_software_wp8001. This product is available as a single product offering. Review the International Program License Agreement for a list of licensing options and their respective entitlements
Step 2: Evaluate the hardware and system configuration
See the detailed system requirements document for V8.0.0 Fix Pack 1: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007791.
Step 3: Review the installation architecture
The following diagram illustrates a basic architecture of the product installation and provides a basis for planning your installation.
Step 4: Install Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition
Follow these steps to install Rich Media Edition:
a. Review the information for V8.0.0 Fix Pack 1: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24034497.
b. Install V8.0.0 Fix Pack 1: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/WebSphere_Portal_and_Web_Content_Manager_V220.127.116.11_Readme_8001
c. Install Combined Cumulative Fix 06: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/selectFixes?parent=ibm/WebSphere&product=ibm/WebSphere/WebSphere+Portal&release=All&platform=All&function=aparId&apars=PM88093
d. Install and configure the MediaBeacon server: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Installing_Rich_Media_Edition_server_for_Rich_Media_Edition_wp8001
For more information, see the following resources:
- Product documentation for WebSphere® Portal and Web Content Manager: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpViewCategories.xsp?lookupName=Product%20Documentation
- WebSphere Portal support: http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/overview/software/websphere/websphere_portal
- Web Content Manager support: http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/overview/software/lotus/ibm_web_content_manager
- IBM Customer Experience Suite: http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/ibmcustxpersuit
IBM® Customer Experience Suite V8.0.0, Fix Pack 1 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM. © Copyright IBM Corp. 2000, 2013. U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
IBM, the IBM logo, and ibm.com® are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" (www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml).
Part Number: CF3W1ML
The Quick Start Guide is available in these translated versions:
More support for:
IBM Customer Experience Suite
Software version: 8.0, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: Enterprise
Reference #: 7038773
Modified date: 13 May 2014
Translate this page: