This document contains a list of new features in IBM Rational ClearQuest and ClearQuest MultiSite Version 8.0.1.
The new features in IBM Rational ClearQuest and ClearQuest MultiSite 8.0.1 are described in the following sections:
ClearQuest Web usability enhancements
This version of ClearQuest Web includes the following usability enhancements:
- New implementation of the multirecord-update feature.
The multirecord-update feature in ClearQuest Web is redesigned and enhanced to improve the efficiency of large-scale changes. Notable additions include:
- Support for recording state changes
- Ability to run a multirecord update on more than the 100 records that display on a result set page
- Ability to create a query by selecting records from a result set with the Create Query from Selection command
- Implementation of a new user interface
For more information on the multirecord update feature, see the
Modifying multiple records using multirecord update section in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center. To view videos of this feature, tune in to the
IBM Rational Support YouTube channel.
- New Create Query from Selection feature.
The Create Query from Selection feature lets you create a new query by selecting a subset of records in a result set. The new query presentation has the same display fields and sort order as the original query. You can use this new feature to select records for a multirecord update operation in ClearQuest Web.
- Visible feedback on in-progress database modifications.
ClearQuest Web includes better visual cues and notifications of inadvertent tab or browser closure.
- The tab label displays in red font with a preceding asterisk when you have in-progress modifications that are not saved.
- A warning dialog box displays when you have in-progress modifications and you attempt to close a tab or browser window, use the back or forward browser buttons, refresh the page, or navigate to a different URL.
- New Save and Close button.
A new Save and Close button allows users to save and close a record in a single action.
- Actions that users do not have permission to perform can be hidden by the schema designer.
The schema designer can hide actions that the user cannot perform to streamline user productivity. For more information, see the Schema designer enhancements section.
ClearQuest Web security enhancements
ClearQuest 8.0.1 provides the following security enhancements to ensure process and data integrity:
- Improved smartcard authentication support for the integration between ClearCase and ClearQuest
The integration between ClearCase and ClearQuest with smart card authentication is supported by the ClearCase Change Management Integration (CMI). ClearCase communicates with ClearQuest through the ClearQuest Web OSLC interface. For more information, see Technote 1633122, Configure the base ClearCase-ClearQuest integration to use the Change Management Integration.
- Timely security updates
IBM provides timely security vulnerability updates on the IBM Support home page for Rational ClearQuest, and through security flashes and alerts email.
- Secure email notification with the new SMTP Relay transport in the EmailPlus package
The IBM Rational ClearQuest EmailRelay service implements a private relay service to forward email requests to a server that is registered for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server access. For more information, see the Mail relay section in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center.
ClearQuest Web integrations enhancements
The addition of OSLC 2.0 consumer support in ClearQuest 8.0.1 enables the following integrations enhancements:
- Prefilling OSLC 2.0 linked records
OSLC 2.0 consumer support in ClearQuest Web enables the configuration of ClearQuest to prefill field values when opening the creation dialogs for associated OSLC 2.0 projects. When a creation dialog displays, values for designated fields in the new record are initialized by using content from configured fields of the initiating ClearQuest record. For more information on prefilling OSLC 2.0 linked records, see Using ClearQuest to prefill OSLC 2.0 linked records in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center.
- New OSLC link types
New link types are provided as defined in the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Change Management Specification Version 2.0. The new link types enable you to define more descriptive relationships between OSLC friends. For more information, see Link types in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center.
- Support for the OSLC-based integrations between IBM Rational ClearQuest and HP ALM, and between Rational ClearQuest and Atlassian JIRA, through the IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters.
ClearQuest 8.0.1 supports OSLC-based integrations through the IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters. For more information, see Use ClearQuest integrations for Lifecycle Integration Adapters in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center. ClearQuest 8.0.1 supports the IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Versions 1.0 and 1.1.
Schema designer enhancements
ClearQuest 8.0.1 includes the following enhancements for the schema designer:
- ratlperl and CQPerl are upgraded.
ratlperl and CQPerl are upgraded to Version 5.16.1. For information about the upgrade, see Technote 1639543, What are the potential Perl hook/script upgrade issues with IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1.
- Hide actions that users do not have permission to perform.
The HIDE_ACTIONS schema property enables the schema designer to hide actions that the user cannot perform based on a hook. Hiding actions can reduce the choices presented to the user, making the interface simpler. For more information, see Hiding actions that a user cannot perform in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center.
- Configure immediate or queued email notification
With the EmailPlus package, schema designers can configure the ClearQuest EmailRelay server to deliver email as soon as a ClearQuest record is committed, or queued. For more information, see the Mail Relay section in the IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1 Information Center.